[pms-restrict subscription-plans = “516, 517”]
The Anti-Corruption Bureau is established by an Act of Parliament to receive and investigate complaints of alleged or suspected corrupt practices; to prosecute offences under the Corrupt Practices Act; to investigate and report on the conduct of any public officer which is connected or conducive to corrupt practices; to take necessary measures for the prevention of corruption in public and private bodies and to solicit public support in the fight against corruption. ACB is in the process of recruiting suitable persons to fill the following vacant post:
Responsible to : Senior Accountant
Responsible for : Assistant Accountant
Duty Station : Lilongwe
Purpose of the Job
To manage financial resources and provide functional guidance on all accounting activities within the Bureau.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing periodic Financial Statements.
- Monitoring balances on Bank Accounts.
- Preparing and submitting bank transfer instructions.
- Controlling the issuance of Cheque Pads and other accounting documents.
- Controlling the issue of Cheques and payment instructions.
- Authorizing Payment Vouchers.
- Reviewing periodic bank reconciliations.
- Supervising and appraising staff in the main accounts.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a Degree in Accountancy or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Two years experience.
Details of the Post are as follows:
- Employment will be on a three (3) year contract period, renewable depending on performance.
- Competitive/attractive remuneration packages will be offered.
- Applicants must be of outstanding, honesty and integrity.
- Applicants should be willing to be subjected to a vetting process.
- Applicants must be computer literate to be able to work in a highly computerized environment.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Successful applicants will be required to abide by the Bureau’s Strict Code of Conduct and Ethical Behaviour.
If you think you meet the standards set out for any post above, please send your application and Curriculum Vitae to:
The Director General
P. O. Box 2437
Please indicate the post you are applying for on the envelope. Closing Date for applications is 12th July, 2019
A CAREER IN THE ANTI-CORRUPTION BUREAU IS A COMMITMENT TO FIGHTING CORRUPTION. ANTI-CORRUPTION BUREAU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER