Malawi Institute of Tourism
A vacancy has risen in the Hospitality Catering Department; Malawi Institute of Tourism is seeking to fill the following position of Adjunct Lecturer/Training Officer, tenable at Blantyre Campus.
Adjunct Lecturer in Professional Cookery/ Food Production (2 positions)
The MIT is looking for self-driven, professional person with the ability to train Food Production Students needs to have practical knowledge in Pastry, Hot Kitchen as well as butchery. The successful candidate is expected to follows standards and proactive in recommending the needed training resources. The successful candidate will be reporting to The Head of Hospitality Department. The role shall include the following:
- Developing syllabi, course outlines, preparing topic lessons, summary notes, delivering lessons, testing and evaluating.
- Planning training material in Culinary Arts
- Delivering both theory and practical lessons in practical cookery in class and kitchen
- Assessing students enrolled in the courses
- Preparing budget for Professional Cookery practical lessons.
- Establishing and using hygiene and safety systems such as cleaning schedules.
- Setting of examinations and assessment in liaison with the Supervisor and examination Committee
- To undertake any such duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with the grade.
In order to successfully achieve the desired outcomes of this role the candidate will need the following attributes, skills and competencies:
- Relevant Degree in Hospitality or Diploma in Hospitality Management or Culinary Arts/Food Production with three years of work experience on similar position from recognized college.
- At least two years practical experience in the training field/hospitality industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills and practical cookery skills
- Highly developed communication skills and IT proficiency
- A broad understanding of the hospitality and tourism industry of Malawi will be an added advantage
This is a part time position; the incumbent may be considered for permanent employment subject to successful performance.
Your application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, and copies of relevant certificates. All applications should be addressed to:-
The Executive Director,
Malawi Institute of Tourism,
P. O. Box 2673,
Please note that closing date for receiving applications is Thursday 13th June, 2019 and interviews will be held on 14th June 2019 at Alendo Hotel, Board Room.