[pms-restrict subscription-plans = “516, 517”]
Reporting to the Country Lead, the Administration & Finance Officer will be responsible for providing financial and administrative support services to Malawi office. The incumbent will also be required to provide logistical and events support in the office and the field operations to ensure proper disbursement and liquidation of funds to workshop participants.
- Provide financial and logistical support to field activities and work closely with the project team to ensure funds disbursements to carry out project workshops are appropriately accounted for and liquidated timely.
- Assist with the preparation and review of project activity budgets for workshops or any other event and prepare advance requests for the same.
- Acts as bank agent for the office.
- Track monthly office petty cash expenditure and prepare petty cash reconciliation statements.
- Prepare payment documents and submit to finance for processing.
- Assist to identify and continually assess service providers and vendors to ensure effective and efficient office operations, and manage the purchase, distribution and use of all office supplies and assets.
- Supplier management which include but not limited to preparation of purchase requests, payment requests and tracking of payments.
- Facilitate duty travel arrangements for staff/projects (local and international travel).
- Maintain an updated record for the office including staff contracts, vendor contracts, payments, insurance, utilities and office assets.
- Record keeping and procurement processes in accordance with WorldFish policies and guidelines.
- Provide support in organizing special events, meetings, workshops and conferences.
Key skills and qualifications:
- Diploma in Finance and Accounting or accounting Technician or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years in Finance and Accounting preferably in non-profit or international organization sector.
- Knowledge of financial management and accounting.
- Good financial accounting and organization skills.
- Computer literate (including familiarity in the use of internet), team player and good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of financial information systems; eg ERP, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard office procedures.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, MS Excel, Access and any other Microsoft application software.
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written).
Salary and Benefits
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position with annual salary ranging from MWK6,354,567 – MWK6,741,560 per annum. WorldFish’s NRS shall receive comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, and pension / provident fund contribution.
This position will be based at WorldFish’s office in Zomba, Malawi. Interviews are expected to be held in May 2019. Only shortlisted candidate will be notified and expected to attend the interview. The successful candidate should be available to commence as soon as possible for an initial 7 months fixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding situation.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and experience is valued. We support individual performance and potential in achieving our organizational goals and mission. We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage women and nationals from developing countries to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online latest by 16 May 2019:
- A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report.
Screening will start immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.