Do you want to use your skills, experience and expertise in Agriculture and Livelihoods to help Tearfund achieve their vision of seeing people freed from poverty, living transformed lives, and reaching their God given potential?
The 5 year Canadian Food Grains Bank (CFGB) funded Agriculture and Livelihoods Capacity Development Project (ALCDP) aims to improve food security and resilience of African communities through resourcing an Agriculture and Livelihoods capacity building team. The Agriculture and Livelihoods Technical Adviser (ALTA) will be part of this team, along with 2 other ALTAs. While based in Malawi, S/He will support CFGB and Tearfund partners across Southern Africa and form part of Tearfund’s global Resilient Livelihoods Unit.
The role will involve facilitating learning activities such as exchanges, workshops, conferences and literature dissemination. S/He will utilize monitoring and evaluation data collected by partners to understand the overall progress in reaching project outcomes. S/He will also coordinate with national, regional and global organizations promoting Agriculture and Livelihoods activities, including Conservation Agriculture, in order to advance CFGB Members and Partners interests and visibility in the region.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Master’s Degree in agriculture or a related discipline and substantial experience in agricultural development projects in sub-Saharan Africa including in locally appropriate extension services
- Experience in Conservation and climate-smart Agriculture, a good understanding of access to agricultural markets and value chains
- Experience of working with and advising smallholder farmers as well as with government ministries of agriculture
- Relational influencing and networking skills and demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of different people
- Good communication skills – verbal, written and in presentation
Could you be inspired by this exciting role? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a Fixed term role for 12 months. This is not an expatriate position.
This role can be based in either Malawi or Zimbabwe and candidates must have the right to live and work in either of these locations
Salary will be dependent on location.
All applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs. The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues.