Lilongwe Water Board
The Lilongwe Water Board is a Statutory Corporation established in 1947 and re-constituted under the Water Works Act (Cap 72). It is responsible for the provision of water supply services to the City of Lilongwe and other surrounding areas designated as its supply area. The Lilongwe Water Board is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates of Malawi origin to fill the following vacant position tenable at its Head Office, Madzi House, Off Likuni Road, in Lilongwe.
ASSISTANT PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
Reporting to the Public Relations Officer, the Assistant Public Relations Officer shall be responsible for the following:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in creating and maintaining a positive image of the Board and promoting the interests of stakeholders;
- Implementing awareness campaign programs to educate the public in terms of their rights and obligations as water users;
- Assisting in receiving complaints, complements and water burst/leakage reports and channeling them to appropriate Divisions;
- Participating in serving as spokesperson of the Board;
- Providing relevant and up to date information to stakeholders and members of the public;
- Advocating the use of appropriate complaint handling and water burst/leakage reports procedures;
- Assisting in providing positive stakeholder feedback through timely handling of complaints, compliments, water burst/leakage reports and stakeholder suggestions for effective image of the Board;
- Demonstrating outstanding commitment to service delivery programs of the Board by personally identifying and reporting water bursts/ leakages to customer care Division of which verifiable repairs records shall be tendered to be used as one of the components for assessment during one’s performance appraisal time;
Qualifications and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Communication/ Mass Communication/ Journalism/ from a recognized institution with at least 2 years’ post qualification experience or Diploma in Business Communication/ Mass Communication/ Journalism with at least 5 years’ post qualification experience.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application letters accompanied by copies of certificates and up-to-date curriculum vitae with names, addresses and contact numbers of at least three referees should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Lilongwe Water Board
P.O Box 96
Or by email to: email@example.com
Closing date is 28th June, 2019 and only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
“Lilongwe Water Board is an equal opportunity employer and qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.”