JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI)
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Position Category: Local hire, paid in country
Posting Date: 07/02/2019
Deadline Date: 07/16/2019
Starting Date: 01/01/2020
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) seeks dynamic and highly experienced candidates for multiple positions for anticipated USAID/ Malawi HIV Prevention activities under PEPFAR. The program aims to expand the use of high quality, integrated, sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and HIV prevention services by high-risk populations, especially men and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), in PEPFAR priority districts, including VMMC, PrEP for high risk populations, targeted HIV testing with linkages to anti-retroviral treatment (ART), and comprehensive condom promotion.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume on the JSI website: www.jsi.com
Deadline for consideration is rolling.
- Provide overall technical and management leadership, strategic vision, and financial oversight, including managing partner relations and ensuring technical and management excellence
- Guide capacity strengthening efforts to facilitate transition to local partner management;
- Represent the project to USAID, local governments and other key stakeholders, including community-based organizations (CBOs), and local NGOs;
- Oversee the development of appropriate planning, monitoring, management and control systems to ensure informed decision-making and implementation of project activities;
- Assure the quality and timeliness of evaluations, training curricula and reports, and other deliverables to ensure that the project is meeting goals and troubleshoot for difficulties;
- Maintain ongoing and regular communications with the JSI home office.
- A Master’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline; an advanced degree in a clinical or public health discipline (medicine, nursing, epidemiology) is preferred;
- At least 5 years of senior-level experience leading large-scale, complex HIV and/or public health programs in East and Southern Africa (ESA), including prior experience managing PEPFAR and/or USAID-funded agreements or contracts.
- An additional 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility working in HIV prevention, family planning/reproductive health or related fields internationally; specific expertise working with HIV testing and SRH service delivery preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to establish professional relationships and to work collaboratively with host government agencies, donors, civil society and CBOs;
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to develop and communicate a common vision to diverse partners and foster collaboration across a multi-disciplinary team.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 07/16/2019.