Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA)
The Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA), an organization entrusted with the assessment, collection and accounting for tax revenues for the Malawi Government, Is inviting applications from suitably qualified and interested young graduates to fill vacant positions of Customs Officers Customs & Excise Division.
Job Title: Customs Officer
Organizational Unit : Customs and Excise
- Advising taxpayers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, quotas or other customs-related matters.
- Classifying goods according to tariff coding systems.
- Assessment of customs duties
- Controlling importation of restricted and prohibited goods including firearms, live animals, drugs and endangered wildlife, etc.
- Conducting physical examination of goods
- Conducting post clearance verifications and audits, quality assurance, inspections
- Processing case files on seized goods
- Conducting patrols and road block operations
- Tracking containers from the entry border to inland station/port of exit
Applicants should possess the following:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent qualifications obtained from recognized and accredited Universities,
Attributes and Competencies
- Ability to collect and analyze complex information
- Ability to disseminate detailed Information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to present Information in a clear and logical way
- Excellent numerical skills and ability to interpret accounts
- Ability to work accurately, pay close attention to detail and notice inconsistencies
- Very high levels of integrity
- Willingness to work In any district in Malawi,
Successful candidates, before being appointed shall undergo an extensive background check of their integrity. Only when the vetting exercise is favourable will the Authority make the appointment,
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, copies of certificates together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three traceable referees, clearly marked on the envelope to;
The Commissioner General, Malawi Revenue Authority, Private Bag 247, Blantyre
Closing date for receiving applications is 16th August, 2019.