Ministry of Health and Population
The Ministry of Health and Population has received a grant from Global Fund for the fight of AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. In order to effectively implement the grant, the Ministry established a Programme Implementation Unit (PIU) which is responsible for the management of the grant. In view of the above, the Ministry is inviting applications to fill Non-Established posts of Data Clerk (Grade M)as detailed below:
JOB TITLE: DATA CLERK
SALARY SCALE: WITHIN THE RANGE OF GRADE (M) SALARY SCALE.
REPORTING TO: HEAD OF THE FACILITY
LOCATION: MINISTRY OF HEALTH – HEALTH CENTRES IN RURAL AREAS
APPLICANTS SHOULD BE HOLDERS OF MALAWI SCHOOL CERTIFICATE OF EDUCATION (MSCE) AND CERTIFICATE IN STATISTICS, OR DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICI) FROM A RECOGNISED INSTITUTION.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Registering patients and record details in OPD and other registers as assigned by the head of facility;
- Preparing page and monthly summaries as per instructions;
- Compiling data from the various registers, other facilities and the community;
- Receive reports from the community and other facilities within the catchment area;
- Aggregating key data elements in the registers and provide aggregated data sheet showing performance of each section/department;
- Maintaining a tracking chart showing reporting status for each department/section of the healthy facility;
- Analysing data from the various registers, other facilities;
- Preparing and update graphs and charts for key health indicators and display in strategic places within the health facility;
- Preparing monthly reports and present the reports to facility management team;
- Perform monthly and when necessary daily and weekly monitoring and disseminate information to relevant healthy facility and other stakeholders;
- Providing feedback to the sections and departments, health facilities and community where the data originates from;
- Undertaking training of HSAs and other health workers in data collection and report writing;
- Participating in Planning and Monitoring Evaluation and Research activities at facility level through coordination of monthly facility reviews;
- Maintaining data base at facility level;
- Submitting reports to the designated supervisor and Assistant Statistician at District Health Office.
Submission of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications including a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates plus names of three traceable referees/Telephone Number. Completed applications must be clearly marked the vacancy he/she is applying for and be submitted to:
The Secretary for Health and Population, P. O. Box 30377, LILONGWE 3. (Attention: The Director for Human Resource Management and Development)
Not later than 30th August, 2019.