Introduction and Background
Tilitonse Foundation is a registered company limited by guarantee which was established in 2016 as a grant making facility to support Malawian Non State Actors to engage in governance interventions. The Foundation’s work is within the Malawi Government development policy frameworks such us the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy III and global frameworks such as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the African Union Agenda 2063 and the Paris Declaration. Tilitonse Foundation supports Non State Actors to play a role in consolidation and upscaling good governance in Malawi. The Foundation developed a Strategic Plan to guide its operations for the period 2018 – 2022 whose overall goal is to increase capacity of NSAs to actively promote citizens’ engagement in democratic governance and in upholding citizens’ rights by the state.
Tilitonse Foundation believes that increased capacity of Non State Actors and promoting levels of citizens’ engagement in democratic governance are important to catalyze increased accountability, responsiveness and inclusivity of the state and other service providers. The approach that Tilitonse is advocating is one of collaboration, partnerships, coalition building, and having strong linkages to grassroots communities.
Tilitonse Foundation aims to deliver one or more of the following result areas:
- Active citizenship: Duties of citizens; Voice and Action; Accountability and transparency; Democratic freedom to participate; Empowerment to participate
- Local governance: Roles of the Council and Committee; Roles of Secretariat; Councillors and Members of Parliament; Traditional Leaders; people centered development planning
- Gender and social inclusion: Gender Equality; Gender based violence; Marginalized groups
- Economic governance: Access to economic opportunities; Equity of access to capital; Equity of distribution of resources; Pro-poor planning/budgeting; Access to economic skills; Extractive industry; Agriculture/marketing and pricing
- Rule of law: Access to justice; Juvenile justice; Knowledge of and appeal to law; Minority rights; Respect for the law; Anti-Corruption.
Tilitonse Foundation has successfully developed and launched the Grant Information Management System, that has automated the Grant Making and Management (the business process) role for the Foundation. The Foundation manually processed the first two funding windows of the Open Call Funding window under which 219 Non State Actors applied and a further 50 applicants applied for the Thematic Call Funding Window. In a drive to fully operationalize the GMIS, The Foundation, therefore seeks the services of the Data Entry Clerk to facilitate for the capturing of the Grant Making and Management Data for the Foundations from the establishment phase to date.
Objectives of work
The aim of this assignment for the selected candidate is to support Tilitonse Foundation input the grant making and management data for the Foundation into the Grants Management Information System- GMIS. The data will help the Foundation fully operationalize the GMIS.
Scope of Work
The duties and responsibilities of the Data Entry Clerk are as follows:
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or GMIS systems using keyboards
- Create spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Update existing data
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- At least a University degree or diploma in Statistics, Business Administration, Project Management, Social Science, Development Studies or a related field
- Proven experience as data entry clerk
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Basic understanding of databases/Management Information Systems
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Duration and timing of the assignment
This is a 60 days’ assignment and is scheduled to take place between August and October 2019
For consideration, please email resume/CV and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 21st August,2019 using the appropriate subject line: “DATA Entry Clerk”.
Tilitonse Foundation is committed to recruiting and employing the best-qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation or disability status