Mangochi District Council
In an effort to continue reducing the burden of Malaria in this country, the Malawi Government (Ministry of Health) and World Vision International is planning to support implementation of Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) Campaign in Mangochi District in 2019 and 2020 at sixteen operations sites.
The IRS will be carried out with funding from Global Fund.
The campaigns will be conducted over the course of 36 working days each year, beginning on or about Mid October, 2019.
The IRS has targeted to cover 379,304 eligible structures and, protecting an estimated 1,148, 611 people.
It is for this reason that World Vision is seeking to fill various seasonal staff positions for the IRS implementation in Mangochi. These positions will be based at various operations sites in Mangochi District.
BELOW IS THE SUMMARY OF OPERATION SITES:
- Monkey Bay
- Nansengwa (Boma)
- Namiyasi RTC
- Chisapi- T/A BwanaNyambi
- Masuku EPA
- Namwera Alert Training Centre
- Ntiya EPA
- Katuli EPA
POSITION: DATA ENTRY CLERKS (43 POSTS)
- Verifying data and ensuring entries are correct on daily basis
- Reviews data and correct any inconsistencies on daily data forms
- Make sure all data forms are entered according to defined variables
- Ensure that data is sorted and organized before it is entered into the system
- Working closely with project Database Manager to correct data entry issues
- Syncing the database on daily basis
- Maintain database security
- Mark and file entered forms in the cabinets or box files
- Work closely with M&E Assistants on data accuracy and completeness
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by Database Manager and other supervisors from time to time.
- Certificate in IT, Accounting, Business Administration or any other related field
- 1 year experience in data entry and supervision of data teams
- Willingness to work during odd hours
- Experience in using DHIS2 database is added advantage
- Candidates with prior IRS training and experience will have an added advantage.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit the application letter, copies of certificates and detailed CV with contact information (including telephone) and their referees.
In the application, all applicants must note the TA and GVH in which they reside.
Applications can be submitted to:
The District Commissioner
Remember to indicate on the envelope the position you are applying for.
Each applicant is responsible for dropping his/her application in the application box.
Once again, this will be a temporary engagement lasting less than 90 days.
You can only apply for one position.
Canvassing or calling will lead to your automatic disqualification for further candidacy.
No fee should be charged at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other). Should you be asked or you are aware of anyone asking for any incentive during the recruitment process, please contact us on the following number: 01 762 320.
The application letters should not be stamped at any stage of application.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women to apply for these positions.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted through phone and interviews will also be conducted in different TDCs within the respective T/As.
Closing date is 16th August, 2019