Intercape is looking for two Diesel Mechanic Technician’s to join their professional team in Malawi (1 x Blantyre & Lilongwe position available)!
The successful candidate will work on a luxury bus fleet consisting mostly of Scania, Volvo and MAN coaches.
We are looking for a confident, determined and results-driven individual who is eager to learn and grow in the company!
Duties & Responsibilities
Job related requirements:
- Enjoy working independently as well as be part of a team.
- Assist as required in the technical department.
- Be focused on providing work of an extremely high quality.
- Be prepared to work shifts.
- Must have own toolbox.
Experience and educational requirements:
- Min N3 Certificate (equivalent) – must not be a qualified diesel mechanic
- Computer literate.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience.
- Code EC license (must have) with PDP (preferable)
- Must be a Malawian citizen
Vehicle Inspections and General Repairs:
- Ensure all vehicle detail is accurately recorded on the job card system.
- Ensure defects are comprehensively recorded on the job card system.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures regarding inspection sheets.
- Ensure all vehicles mechanically checked are handed to Mechanical Supervisor fully completed.
- Ensure all special tools and equipment is available and in working conditions.
- Complete all related faults identified.
- Log all other identified faults found on vehicle.
- Completing and signing off of job-cards in a timeous manner.
- Adhere to manufacturer’s specifications as specified in the Mechanical Manual available in workshop and Impact Computer System.
- Ensure analytic tools are utilized effectively.
- Ensure the following (minimum) aspects are fully understood and can be repaired and maintained as required:
- Clutch related functions
- Tyre Audits and rotation of tyres
- Brakes operations
- Basic Air Systems
- Ensure post-repair check-lists are done.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure safety is managed at all breakdowns.
- Responsible for cleanliness of vehicles.
- Responsible for cleanliness of working environment.
- Manage all parts used in an orderly and responsible manner.
- Log all related information on company system as required by policy.
- Understand all company system available and value that can be gained from these.
- Ensure internal white-boards are maintained and reviewed.
- Manage any breakdown from call received to solution implemented.
- Obtain all relevant information from crew.
- Ensure problem is analyzed and probable causes identified.
- Complete all relevant documentation and update log-book with breakdown information.
- Report extent of problems outside own responsibility to Workshop Manager / Operations immediately after assessing situation.
- Provide feedback and complete breakdown report directly upon returning from breakdown.
- Ensure break-down vehicles are filled and cleaned after each break-down.
- Ensure correct tools and equipment are available for breakdowns.
Should you not hear from us within two weeks please consider your application as unsuccessful.