Project HOPE is an international NGO of more than 500 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges. Throughout our 60-year legacy, Project HOPE has treated millions of patients and provided more than $3 billion worth of medicines to local health care organizations around the world. We have helped build hundreds of health programs from the ground up and responded to humanitarian crises worldwide.
Project HOPE is currently seeking several positions to support the USAID-funded Determined, Resilient, Empowered, Aids-free, Mentored, Safe (DREAMS) program for adolescent girls and young women (AGYM). The purpose of this program is to reduce the burden of HIV in DREAMS countries in sub-Saharan Africa, including Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. These countries accounted for nearly half of all the new HIV infections that occurred among AGYW globally. The DREAMS initiative goes beyond typical health initiatives to address these factors, working toward meeting the Sustainable Development Goal of ending AIDS by 2030. DREAMS builds upon USAID’s decades of experience empowering young women and advancing gender equality across many sectors of global health, education and economic growth.
Director, Financial Management and Operations
The Director, Financial Management and Operations will be responsible for overall financial management and administration for the DREAMS AGYW services and HIV case finding work.
****This position is contingent upon award from USAID. *****
S/he will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other relevant field; or, a Bachelor’s or certified accounting degree with 10 years’ experience.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in accounting, operations and financial management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, interpersonal skills and team building experience.
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets, including proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases.
- Three to five years of relevant grants and contract management experience, including experience enhancing financial management capacity of civil society organizations