United Nations Children`s Fund (UNICEF)
UNICEF Malawi Country Programme (2019-2023) is aligned with the Government of Malawi Growth and Development Strategy (MDGS III) and the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF). The programme supports the Government of Malawi to meet its commitment to respect, protect and fulfil childrens rights in line with international conventions and standards. The country programme is guided by the principles of childrens rights, equity, gender equality, inclusion and resilience, and supports evidence-based, integrative and innovative programming. The vision is that all girls and boys in Malawi, especially the most disadvantaged and deprived, realize their rights. The programme focuses on: early childhood (parenting, high-impact social services, early stimulation and learning), middle childhood and adolescence (learning, multi-sectoral services, active citizenship), communities (decentralized services and systems, community ownership, social norms), programme effectiveness (monitoring, evaluation, HACT, Innovation, Social Protection and Social Policy and External Communication. The programme is based on leaving no child behind, realizing rights for all children in Malawi.
How can you make a difference?
The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services, demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- RELIABLE AND SAFE DRIVING SERVICES FOR STAFF AND OFFICIALS
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials, visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Meets official personnel and visitors at the airport and may assist with basic visa and customs formalities and arrangements when required.
- MAINTENANCE OF ASSIGNED VEHICLE
- Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels, and car washing.
- DOCUMENTATION OF VEHICLE RELATED INFORMATION
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have¦
- A secondary education is required, along with a valid drivers license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations
- A minimum of two years of work experience as a driver in an international organization or UN system with a safe driving record is required
- Advanced driving course is a definite advantage
- Good knowledge of the city, local roads and conditions where the office is located
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background
- Fluency in English and local working language is essential