CCAP Synod of Livingstonia
EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE GIVERS REQUIRED
CCAP Synod of Livingstonia Area 47 Nursery and Day Care Centre is a newly established childcare center located in the city of Lilongwe in the hub of area 47 Sector 5. It is dedicated to providing quality-Christian child care, interactive learning and a safe environment for the children.
The CCAP Synod of Livingstonia in Area 47, is looking for qualified Caregivers to be part of a team, looking after the preschool room, one-to-five-year old’s. This is an excellent chance to join a friendly, vibrant and dynamic working environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under overall supervision of the Head of Center the Caregiver shall perform the following:
- Deliver curriculum founded on the centers’ philosophies whilst following childcare regulations and National Quality Standards;
- Create positive learning environment including resources based on child-directed learning
- Develop strategies to guide positive children’s behavior
- Observe and record children’s growth, development and behavior using the worksheets provided.
- Build good rapport and open communication with children, families and other staff
- Ensure the learning environment is clean, hygienic and safe
- Provide support to parents which includes and not limited to lifting children, pushing prams,
- Carryout any other duties as assigned
Requirements for the Position
- Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE)
- An approved early childhood teaching qualification
- An understanding of the basics of Malawi Early Childhood Development Policy
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in the field of childcare and early childhood development;
- First Aid Certificate will be an added advantage
- Ability to work well with children
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good teamwork and build rapport with children, family and other staff members.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Should be computer literate
- Must have passion for kids.
If you qualify and are interested, indicate the position applied on the envelope or email subject and submit your application indicating at least 3 traceable referees and attaching all the relevant certificates to: The Session Clerk, CCAP Synod of Livingstonia, Lilongwe Congregation, P.O. Box 193, Lilongwe or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are to be received not later than 21st September, 2019.