Malaria Alert Centre
MAC-Communicable Diseases Action Centre (MAC-CDAC) is an institution under the College of Medicine that works with Ministry of health, local and international health agencies to address priority health problems such as malaria, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, neglected tropical diseases and other communicable diseases. Focusing on operational and evidence synthesis research, capacity building and training, health care systems strengthening, disease surveillance, and monitoring and impact evaluation, MAC contributes to evidence based policy formulation and health programs implementation in Malawi and the SADC region. MAC requires the services of enthusiastic individuals to work in various positions in studies operating under the International Centre of Excellence for Malaria Research (ICEMR) project for a period ranging from one to six years. The project seeks to better understand the persistence of malaria in Malawi by conducting community-based cohort studies and collecting data in Health Centres.
Enumerators (5 positions) – Machinga and Balaka
Reporting to the Health Centre Study Coordinator, the Enumerators will be responsible for identifying study participants, interviewing study participants, electronic entry of data collected, and assisting with additional study activities in Ntaja and Machinga health center catchment areas in Machinga and Balaka Districts respectively.
Duration of Contract: 1 year and is renewable subject to performance and availability of funding.
Duties and Responsibilities
Among others, enumerators shall perform the following duties;
- Mapping households by collecting GPS information using tablet computers
- Identifying selected households based on GPS maps
- Obtaining informed consent from household members for participation in the study
- Assist in setting up study participants visits
- Conducting household and individual interviews using electronic data entry
- Maintaining coherent records of daily activities and provide updates to team members
- Assisting with team organization and planning
- Weekly report writing
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a minimum of MSCE.
- A Diploma in Community Development will be an added advantage
- Good computer skills with experience in collecting data using tablets/ PDAs
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicants with experience working in a health-related research setting will have an added advantage.
Each position will attract a salary with benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications as applicable to contract staff at Malaria Alert Centre, College of Medicine.
Suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications together with copies of relevant certificates, detailed CVs and names of three traceable referees to.
The Administrative Manager Malaria Alert Centre, College of Medicine, P/Bag 360, Chichiri, Blantyre 3.
Electronic submissions should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com by 17th July 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged