World Vision International
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (GRADE 13) – 1 Position Based at National Office
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
World Vision International in Malawi therefore is currently looking for a dedicated professional Christian to fill the following position of National Directors Executive Assistant for World Vision Malawi National Office; If you are passionate about child wellbeing and you are considering a career with a calling, we would love to talk to you.
Purpose of the position
The purpose of this position is to provide Administrative Support to the National Directors officers and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Handle day to day office management, Administrative and Logistical support services for National Director and team
- Coordinate the ND schedules of appointments, meetings, and other business functions.
- Take National Director minutes as needed and follow up on action items with Senior Leadership as required.
Sets up telecons and Webex meetings and minutes taken during meetings and distributes, as required.
- Develops, sets up and documents office administrative systems related to: filing of documents, records management, communications (e-mail, telephone, fax, and correspondence).
- Receives, screens and processes incoming and outgoing communications; ensuring that confidential matters are handled promptly and efficiently.
- Maintain individual as well as ND office files, ensuring the confidentiality of all documents including electronic filing system.
- Provides support towards the organization of meetings with direct reports and various leadership meetings that are chaired by National Director.
- Assists with the preparation and coordination of internal and external presentations for the National Director or as required.
- Provides support for Senior Leadership team meetings. This may involve documentation, coordination, analysis and action planning.
- Requests payments and ensures that all relevant service providers in the NDs offices are paid.
- Follows up on key processes from ND and SLT meetings and relevant National Leadership Team working group meetings.
Manages procurement requisitions, repairs and settlement for ND offices in coordination with Support Services.
- Manages all travel plans for all ND: makes flight, hotel, shuttle and processes travel financial requests.
- Coordinates travel plans and meetings in sync with the ND and SLT’s calendars, including arranging accommodation and travel bookings for guests.
- Coordinates key event schedules with programme managers.
Reporting and action plans.
- Collects monthly and regular reports required by the National Director offices from SLT and other team members.
- Work with ND direct reports to collate and analyse accomplishments of NDs objectives in Board/AC meetings, on a quarterly basis.
- Works with the ND to ensure that key action items from Board and AC meetings requiring NDs involvement are addressed and/or actioned as required. Record meetings and follow up action items with relevant parties.
- Follows up on action plans from ND mail and external communications, and ensures delegated responsibilities are communicated and acted upon.
Information Management Support.
- Communicate on behalf of the ND with key constituents.
- Respond to routine Regional Office and NO issues as appropriate. Determine which issues need to be referred to the relevant party and provide appropriate briefing and pertinent documentation.
- Database content management – update functional databases as required.
- Provide synthesis and analysis of documentation submitted to the ND providing relevant recommendations
- Identifies, develops, and initiates solutions where precedents and procedures may not exist.
- Prepare speeches and presentations for the ND in consultation with communications department. This includes biannual reports for WVI Regional meetings, etc.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information in electronic and paper form and extract, analyse, interpret, and display the data as required.
- Assemble and categorize facts and figures for written computation and calculations.
- Locate and compile information and formats reports, tables, records and other sources of information.
- Take initiative to meet needs relative to the National Directors and SLT for information and/or guidance where needed.
- Use personal initiative to ensure efficient and effective functioning of the ND Office.
- Attend and participate in Christian devotional meetings and chapel services.
- Support initiatives and events across WV field NO as required.
- Coordinates support for international workshops and events incountry and can support regional level events upon request
- Provide support in tracking/managing leave and contracts for ND and SLT direct reports.
- Assist in scheduling performance review meetings with ND direct reportees as well as collating supporting documentation for the review meetings.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by the National Director
- Coordinates with other project coordinators and programme assistance , front office , receptionists for quality support services to divisional managers.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or advanced Diploma in communications, administration, management or project management, transferable to the job requirements.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience and competency in professional administrative duties and support, reporting to a senior manager.
- Must be an organized person, experienced in hosting meetings and events.
- Proven experience working with highly confidential and sensitive information supporting senior or executive management or members of a Board of directors.
- Must have experience in working with senior management personnel and in a team-oriented environment. Experience working for more than one line manager will be an advantage.
- Maturity to deal with competing priorities, complexities and handle very confidential information professionally
All interested applicants should send a cover letter, and a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to The People and Culture Director: email@example.com not later than 12th July 2019. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.