US Peace Corps
Peace Corps, a Development Agency of the U.S. Government, has an immediate opening for Executive Assistant based in Lilongwe. The Executive Assistant is responsible for administrative support to the Country Director and the Executive Unit. This includes assistance in the areas of volunteer support, public relations, government relations, and records management. Executive Assistant handles sensitive documents and communications, which require adherence to the strictest standards of confidentiality and professional conduct. The Executive Assistant is often expected to work independently and with little supervision. This is a personal services contract position (PSC).
- At least three to five years of practical experience in secretarial or office administration experience.
- Ability to work independently, have demonstrable interpersonal and teambuilding skills, and strong customer service skills.
- Experience working with a U.S. Mission Government Agency, an International Organization, an American business, NGO, or other relevant organization.
- Demonstrable maturity and professionalism and the ability to represent Peace Corps Malawi with a wide-range of professionals and external contacts, including representatives from the Government of Malawi, U.S. Government counterparts and donor/NGO partners.
- Knowledge of structure and operations of the Government of Malawi preferred.
- Demonstrable professional proficiency in spoken and written Chichewa and English.
- Demonstrable proficiency in MS Word and Excel, with strong attention to detail. Preference given for strong PowerPoint skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Advanced Diploma required with preference given to Degrees/Diploma that focus in administration or management.
Only electronic applications will be received. Candidates who meet the above qualifications should send a detailed C.V. with a cover letter that includes their qualifications, past work experience, professional references, diplomas/certificates, and telephone contact information to: InfoPeaceMw@peacecorps.gov
Applications must reach the US Peace Corps Office not later than 17:00 hours on 25th August, 2019. Send an email to InfoPeaceMw@peacecorps.gov for a full statement of work. The U.S. Peace Corps is an equal opportunities employer.