World Relief Malawi
World Relief is an international Christian NGO working in health, economic development, disaster response, and refugee resettlement. World Relief’s mission is empowering the local church to serve the most vulnerable.
World Relief Malawi is implementing Ultra-poor Graduation interventions in Dedza and Mangochi districts for the next three years. The goal of this project is to ensure that ultra-poor households graduate off of the social cash transfer programs in Dedza and Mangochi districts and have improved social, livelihood, and economic security by 2022 to stay off the program.
World Relief Malawi, therefore invites applications from interested and qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions tenable in Dedza and Mangochi districts.
Job Title : Field Coordinators (Economic Development) (5 Positions)
Reports to : Project Coordinator
Location : Dedza and Mangochi Districts, Malawi
Reporting to the Project Coordinator, the Field Coordinator will ensure that all project related activities are implemented very well. The incumbent will assist in the coordination of project activities and resources including volunteers and ensure achievement of project deliverables within agreed timeframes at the community level.
- Mobilization and awareness raising with local leadership
- Mobilization of community groups
- Preparation of periodic operational plans
- Preparation of progress reports
- Facilitate the development and implementation of project plans and budgets in collaboration with Project Coordinator;
- Coordination of field level human, financial and material resources of the project to ensure efficient resource allocation and utilization for all components;
- In liaison with the Project Coordinator, facilitate quarterly project technical reviews and planning meetings with the volunteers
- Maintain close links with the appropriate Government Departments and other organizations (including NGO’s) implementing Social Protection and Economic Development related projects in the districts.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced Diploma in Community Development, and any other Development related qualifications from well recognized and accredited University or College.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the field of social protection and economic development
- Experience in leadership and project management
- Ability to network and collaborate with district and community level stakeholders
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Readiness to work in remote rural areas
- Ability to communicate with beneficiaries in their local language
- Experienced facilitator
- Computer Literacy
- Those with Motor Cycle driving license will have an added advantage.
- Commitment to World Relief values.
Method of applications
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications and CVs and provide names and contacts of three traceable referees to World Relief by 14th June, 2019. Please indicate on the envelope or email subject the post which you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Applications should be sent to the following address:
The Human Resource Officer, World Relief Malawi, P. O. BOX 30717, LILONGWE 3.
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org