Website Innovations for Poverty Action
POSITION: Field Officer (FO)
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 14th September 2019
START DATE: TBD
LOCATION: Based out of Lilongwe
REPORTING TO: Senior Field Manager
LENGTH OF COMMITMENT: 2 months – with the possibility of extension
About Innovations for Poverty Action:
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture. We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Project: The overall goal of this project is to pilot an approach that integrates gender into MCC’s constraints analysis framework. To this end, we will design a set of flexible diagnostic tools that include both quantitative survey instruments and complimentary qualitative data collection approaches to identify those issues which most constrain women’s access to employment and entrepreneurship opportunities in Malawi. This work will inform the development of a mixed-methods approach to understand how benefit streams for economic growth due to low participation of women in employment and entrepreneurship can be unlocked through removing constraints identified with the diagnostic tools developed under this task.
To answer these questions, we will be conducting surveys in hundreds of villages in Malawi, surveying various households. We will collect information on demographics, health, assets, input usage, agriculture and more. The Field Officer (FO) hired for this position will be part of a team of surveyors for our full-scale survey in rural areas across Malawi. Field Officers are responsible for meeting with respondents, organizing survey activities and maintaining data quality during surveys. The Field Officer will work under the general supervision of the Senior Field Manager and Senior Field Officers and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action – Malawi Policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct survey according to protocols of IPA
- Report progress and challenges regularly to Field Manager
- Familiarization with the missions of IPA
- Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times and minimize errors in recording data
- Punctuality: both to determined daily schedule, scheduled meetings with local leaders, and any other meetings
- Maintain team cohesion and respect among team members
- Accurate daily reporting and tracking for oneself and within assigned team
- Demonstrate integrity and understanding during interaction with community members/leaders and partner organization staff
- Maintaining security and quality of project assets and materials
- A Bachelor’s Degree/College diploma or equivalent in any research related fields
- Familiarity with Survey CTO, ODK, or any electronic data collection softwares
- Excellent verbal communication skills in both English and Chichewa
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and excellent listening skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience conducting long surveys on tablets are a strong plus
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, apply by completing the CTO survey using this link by midnight September 14th, 2019:
In this link, you will be required to fill in your identification information, upload your CV, and answer practice survey questions. Your application will be considered only if you complete and submit the survey.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer – Women’s Economic Participation (WEEC). The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.
To apply for this job please visit mwboostpatience.surveycto.com.