United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
VACANCY NO. UNFPA/YTH/05/2019
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Post Level: SB3
Location Mangochi District Council
Duration of Initial Contract: 1 Year (Renewable based on performance)
Closing Date: 24th June 2019
The Finance and Administrative Assistant will be based in the Mangochi District Council. The Finance and Administrative Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Project Facilitator and under the overall guidance of the District Health Officer in collaboration with UNFPA focal person and Mangochi District staff.
Major Activities/Expected Results
- Prepare payment requests/quarterly advances/monthly financial reports for the UN Joint Program on Girls Education and other UNFPA programmes implementation in collaboration with the Project Coordinator and Mangochi District Council personnel according to the Annual Work Plan.
- Provide financial management and reporting support to partners and responsible parties within the framework of UNFPA financial rules and regulations.
- Consolidate monthly financial reports from responsible parties to check compliance with cash transfer voucher and appropriate budgetary codes.
- Support the recruitment processes, payment and reporting from service providers working under the UN Joint Programme on Girls Education.
- Prepare and maintain accounts in accordance with UNFPA procedures including monitoring actual expenditure and forecasting project completion costs to advise project management accordingly.
- Support the implementation of HACT assurance activities including spot checks, field visits, micro assessment and audited accounts and ensure timely follow-up and implementation of the recommendations
- Ensure timely, correct management and reporting of funds to Mangochi District Council and UNFPA.
- Coordinate minutes and reports from meetings.
- Support budget planning and revisions.
- Spearhead the logistic organizing of workshops, trainings, seminars etc.
- Undertake procurement of office supplies, stationery and field assets.
- Maintain an inventory of all assets procured from UNFPA resources in accordance with UNFPA requirements.
- Take part in the overall management of the UNJPGE project and track activity implementation and support the timely delivery of prioritized activities.
- Set up a filing system for the UNJPGE project and ensure accurate records of project activities.
- Actively facilitate communication to and with partners.
Timely disbursement of funds to subcontractors in accordance with decisions of the appropriate procurement committees.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, administration or related field, those with a degree or ACCA, professional certification will have an added advantage
- Knowledge of Malawi civil service administration is required, UN experience desirable.
- 2 years’ experience in management of substantial multi-donor budgets.
- Knowledge of up to date accounting packages.
- Progressively responsible experience in budget administration and financial reporting.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change.
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact.
- Good knowledge of accounting.
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets, manage contributions and investments, manage transactions, conduct financial analysis and reporting.
- Ability to implement new systems and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change.
- Excellent IT skills, knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning.
Languages: Excellent writing and oral skills in English and Chichewa; knowledge of another UN language is an asset
Interested candidates should submit their P11, CV, copy of qualifications and motivation letter quoting the vacancy number in the SUBJECT to:
The UNFPA Representative, P. O. Box 30135, Evelyn Court Compound Area 13
Lilongwe – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm