Smythe Road, Sunny Side, Blantyre
PO Box 31807, Blantyre 3, Malawi
Tel: (265) 1 827083
RN: NGO/R/002/03, C/0146/2002
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Job Location: Machinga (1)
Line Manager: Area Coordinator
GOAL has been working in southern Malawi since 2002 and currently has a presence in three districts (Nsanje, Chikwawa and Machinga). GOAL’s global objective is to promote resilient well-being by: helping people to survive crisis; promoting optimal and resilient health; promoting food and nutrition security, and; supporting people to have sustainable livelihoods. GOAL maintains close working relationships with district authorities and relevant line ministries.
The role: The person will Support the Finance office working hand in hand with the AC and FC/FM
Main responsibilities include:
- Frequent movements between the office and field to making payments for programme activities
- Reconciling training attendance sheets to payment sheets
- Preparing, holding and closing floats in line with GOAL policies ensuring correct documentation is maintained through out the process.
- Undertaking standard activities as part of the finance team including month end review processes, cheque and transfer preparation, bank reconciliations as and when requested
- Prepare cash books and weekly cash counts and submit to head office on a timely manner.
- Participate in stock counts and asset verifications
- Where relevant, preparation of Withholding Tax Deduction Certificates for Suppliers.
- Preparation of documentation for audit purposes
- Reporting any anomalies or suspicious transactions to Finance Manager and FC.
- Provide cover for all finance staff as and when required.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisors
- Degree in Accounting /Diploma
- Minimum of two-year working experience in similar environment
- Good computer skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Organised, responsible and reliable
- Relevant previous field NGO experience in a busy Finance office.
- Good Team worker
GOAL anticipates that in the performance of daily activities there will be some tasks requested of the employee that are not stated in this job description. It is therefore an additional responsibility of the employee to be flexible regarding the interpretation of this job description.
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
How to apply
Interested internal candidates should submit application letters, copies of certificates and curriculum vitae consisting at least three references for similar work by Wednesday 21st August, 2019 to email@example.com please use this email subject line: Finance Assistant or send to: The Human Resource Manager, GOAL, and P.O. Box 31807, Blantyre 3.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy and Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of Programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies. Any job offers made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidates, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.