Darlo Girls’ Foundation (DGF)
[pms-restrict subscription-plans = “516, 517”]
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Finance Officer at Darlo Girls’ Foundation (DGF) at Chinsapo in Lilongwe.
Qualifications and Experience
- The desired candidate should have a minimum of Diploma in Financial Accounting obtained from a recognized institution of higher learning (preferably ICAM).
- Minimum of not less than two years finance/Accounting experience.
- Good working experience with SAGE line 50 accounting package.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Flexibility, problem-solving skills, accuracy, Ability to work under pressure and good communication and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of integrity and honesty
The successful candidate is expected to exercise good judgment, and work the hours necessary to ensure the efficient running of the school and to ensure its long-term success.
More specifically, the Finance Officer at DGF is expected to do the following:
- Providing support to DGF management in strategic and day-to-day management of the budget and other financial matters.
- Providing comprehensive management and support for effective development and control of the school finances and income generation initiatives.
- Operating, maintaining and developing the financial procedures and systems of the school.
- Drawing up the school budget in consultation with the Chief Executive Officer and the Headmaster, monitoring expenditure on a monthly basis.
- Completing monthly debtors and bank reconciliations.
- Monitoring income and expenditure in relation to the school budget and producing monthly reports for management.
- Making cash flow projections and all elements of cash handling, banking and security.
- And any other duty assigned by management.
Method of Application
Interested individuals who are
ready to start work immediately
should send their applications that should include an updated curriculum vitae (CV) and copies of certificates to the following address by 17th June 2019:
The Chief Executive
Darlo Girls’ Foundation
P. O Box 939
Only shortlisted candidates shall be acknowledged.