Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Finance Officer will be responsible for supporting the Operations and Finance Manager in ensuring proper programme accounting systems in line with DFID and Palladium guidelines; providing ‘checking support’ for all programme related transactions ahead of disbursement of funds and reconciling same for the programme and Palladium project office. The Finance Officer will also be responsible for the disbursement of funds including petty cash to staff, consultants’ vendors etc. also the day to day management of programme petty cash books in line with DFID and Palladium financial guidelines.
The Finance Officer will support the Operations and Finance Manager with the following:
- Preparation of payment vouchers for all transactions ensuring appropriate signing, filling and documentation and the existence of a clear audit trail in line wit DFID and Palladium guidelines.
- Vouching all cheques and getting necessary signatures in same
- Passing all vouchers to the Operations and Finance Manager for checking, approval and posting
- Maintain petty cash
- Update all financial registers including travel advance register, cash and bank registers, cheque registers, recurrent bill register, tax register etc
- Support and maintain asset register inputs
- Ensure the accurate posting of all expenditure in the field voucher/bank books on a weekly basis
- Ensure bank reconciliation statement are taken every month and that balanced figures are sent to Palladium along with field voucher.
- On request, prepare programme payslips ahead of monthly salary payments
- Develop fund transfer requests
- Vet all invoices submitted by vendors and consultants ensuring the availability of the required supporting documents.
The Finance Officer should have;
- A degree or similar qualification in Finance or related course
- Relevant work experience in an accounting/finance role
- Previous experience providing financial support in the development/NGO sector