National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC)
[pms-restrict subscription-plans = “516, 517”]
The National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC) is mandated by an Act of Parliament to disburse and manage operational and development resources for Local Councils in Malawi. As part of the Malawi Government reform agenda and in an effort to enhance its institutional capacity, the NLGFC and the Local Development Fund (LDF) were merged.
The National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC) therefore seeks to strengthen its capacity to support Local Councils by engaging suitably qualified, experienced and result oriented Malawian professionals to fill vacant positions tenable at the NLGFC offices in Area 14, Lilongwe. The positions highlighted below, are very challenging, requiring highly committed and skilled individuals with exceptional expertise:
FINANCIAL ANALYSTS – 3 NO. (GRADE M4)
The Financial Analyst shall be responsible for reviewing, evaluating; regulating and auditing, and conform to compliance, accuracy, and accountability of financial programs and business operations In the National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC)
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Reviewing and consolidating estimates from local authorities,
- Facilitating production of financial statements for local authorities in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices.
- Reviewing and consolidating financial reports from Local authorities.
- Monitoring financial management patterns by Local authority to assess adherence to approved accounting guidelines and control systems.
- Facilitating audit of local Authorities’ financial statements by the National Audit Office.
- Facilitating the clearance of Audit queries arising from Auditors reports.
- Analyzing the usage of funds by local authorities in line with agreements entered into by NLGFC and other stakeholders.
- Analyzing Ministries’ allocations for local development programs and advising on adequacy of utilization of resources
- Providing financial management backstopping services to LAs.
The Financial Analyst shall report to the Senior Financial Analyst
Bachelor of Accountancy degree; or full professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, ACA.
Required and preferred Competencies and Attributes
- Minimum of at least three (3) years’ experience in a public finance accounting environment
- Strong Analytical Skills that include ability to take large volumes of data, gather information, analyze, solve problems, finding efficient way to complete tasks, and make decisions.
- Numeracy Skills specifically understanding relationships between numbers, visual perception of information, interpreting mathematical information, understanding trends, calculation skills, working with graphical information, measurement, and data analysis.
- Ability to interpret financial, statistical and operational data.
- Ability to prepare financial information, evaluate business performance and to support strategic business decisions.
- Strong technical background in computer skills and knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, and database applications.
- Operational business understanding including the potential impact of business decisions on various situations.
- Ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple tasks, though never losing the big picture out of sight
- Positive attitude, motivated and driven to succeed, and strong interpersonal skills in problem solving, sett-control, time management skills.
For all the positions, Government approved salary scales for the National Local Government Finance Committee shall apply. National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC) is committed to diversify Gender equality in its operations and strongly encourages women to apply for the above vacant posts.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit applications together with concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) plus three traceable referees and copies of relevant certificates to the address below not later than Monday 22nd July 2019.
The Executive Director, National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC), Red Cross House, Area 14, P/Bag 352, LILONGWE 3
Please indicate the post being applied for on the envelope. Applicants who fully meet the above requirements and are considered for further assessment shall be acknowledged