TITLE: Fleet Manager
DEADLINE: 29th November, 2019 by 12:00 noon send to email@example.com
REPORTS TO: Head of Operations
PSI Malawi seeks a highly qualified and organized candidate with good quantitative ability for the position of Fleet Manager. The candidate will lead the day to day management of PSI Malawi’s Fleet of vehicles and team of drivers to ensure operational excellence in the delivery of Programs.
With support from the Head of Operations, you will be:
- Assisting in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet.
- Developing efficient driver schedules to maximize usage.
- Managing drivers so they adhere to strict schedules.
- Registering and licensing all vehicles under their management.
- Finding ways to cut costs and maximize profits.
- Developing strategies for greater fuel efficiency.
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection.
- Complying with Malawi Directorate of Road Traffic laws and regulations.
- Scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensuring strict servicing and maintenance times to minimize downtime and maintain schedules.
- Monitoring driver behavior and ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Analyzing data to increase business operational efficiency.
- Utilizing GPS systems to monitor drivers and track vehicles in case of theft.
- Degree in Logistics or Automobile Engineering or any related qualification, +5 years in a transport logistics role
- Excellent computer literacy including management of online fleet systems
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Quantitative ability and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
PSI Malawi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.