Synod of Livingstonia Development Department (SOLDEV)
The Synod of Livingstonia Development Department (SOLDEV) is the development arm of the Church of Central African Presbyterian of the Synod of Livingstonia that was established in 1993. The department is mandated by the synod to facilitate the implementation of community based sustainable projects in Food and Nutrition Security; Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH); Humanitarian Emergency Response, Climate Change and Environmental Management while mainstreaming disaster risk reduction, HIV & AIDS, gender as cross cutting issues. The Development Department envisages a society of self reliant communities committed to attaining improved sustainable livelihoods and development through collaboration with the Church and development partners in God’s love.
The Development Deportment wishes to recruit 2 suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following position:
- Food Security Project Coordinator that is available at its office in Rumphi.
Responsible for district level technical leadership and the coordination of planning, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of the project at district level. This includes ensuring that expenditure is in line with budget and implementation is on track to meet expected targets and managing the district project team.
Reporting: To Programmes Manager
- Take responsibility for the day to day management of the project and coordinate the planning, implementation, supervision of activities to ensure efficient provision of technical support service to the project team.
- Develop, implement and monitor district level project work plans and budget in line with project log frame, agreed deliverables, and resources. This includes effective project budget control and monitoring in line with SOLDEV financial procedures and guidelines and Fraud and risk management policies
- Initiate, coordinate and supervise scheduled capacity development and support activities for frontline workers at project level
- Provide on the job support to project team and other stakeholders (relevant government extension workers)
- Facilitate the exchange of information between the project and relevant stakeholders and with other implementing partners as well
- Contribute to review and analysis of lessons learnt from project field activities and to the development and dissemination of best practices
- Deliver technical support and guidance in all aspects of project implementation. This includes beneficiary mobilisation training, promotion of village savings and loans, promotion of Disaster Risk Reduction, promotion of resilience building initiatives, technical agronomic and agribusiness development support, market integration etc
- Ensure close collaboration and networking with district partners, including government and communities.
- Closely monitor and assess project activities to ensure relevance, effectiveness and efficiency
- In conjunction with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, develop and submit monthly monitoring and documentation reports to the Programmes Manager.
- Represent the project and organization at district level
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Food Security or equivalent for the Food Security Coordinator Position and Bachelors Degree in Environmental Management or Natural Resource Management for the Enhanced Environmental Sustainability Management Position
- Experience in development, management and monitoring of projects/programmes in climate smart agriculture, food security, natural resource management, Disaster Risk management Position
- Experience in identifying and promoting ,proven sustainable agricultural technologies that have potential to increase production and income ;
- Working knowledge of English and in the local language spoken at project catchment area I
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook M
- Excellent communication and team building skills l
- Must be sound and practicing Christians.
Interested individuals must submit their applications accompanied with detailed CVs and copies of certificates of their education/ professional qualifications to the following address:
The Director CCAP Development Department, P. 0. Box 27, EKWENDENI
The dosing date for receiving applications is 19th September, 2019.