World Vision International
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
World Vision International in Malawi therefore is currently looking for dedicated professional Christians to fill the positions below that have fallen vacant. If you are passionate about child wellbeing and you are considering a career with a calling, we would love to talk to you.
1. GRANT FINANCE OFFICER (Grade 13) -2 Positions- Based at National Office
Purpose of the position:
To ensure that the accounting system and reporting for the Project(s) are in conformity with World Vision International reporting requirements and stringent compliance standards established by the donor and Support Office.
- Support on proposal budgeting to ensure enough and accurate cost are included.
- Support project team on budget forecasting
- Support on budget revision or adjustment if required.
Cash disbursements & Accounting
- Work closely with field team to ensure accuracy of transactions and support documentation.
- Ensure adequate supporting documentation is attached to voucher before processing for payment
- Ensure financial transactions are posted, reviewed and all miscoding and ineligible costs are cleared.
- Capturing of payment transactions through business online payment portal.
- Updating of online banking information
- Timely processing of funding requests for projects as per budget/cash-flow and ensures timely bank transfers.
- Review of Employees Expense Reports and timely preparation of Journal vouchers
- Analysis of the project balance-sheet accounts to ensure all outstanding items are cleared.
- Monitor the Balance Sheet and clear all outstanding accounts affecting project compliance
- Track fixed asset of the grant using fixed asset Database and make regular physical inventory.
- Ensure that organization assets are properly handled and internal control systems are adhered to
- Prepare the quarterly Project inventory report
- Ensure the project procurement plan is updated.
- Ensure project requisitions are properly created, using correct t-codes and approvals are done on time.
- Follow-up with Supply Chain to ensure services and goods are received, and payments are issued to suppliers.
- Ensure adequate documentation are provided in ProVision to allow quick process by Share Service.
- Ensure prior screening of Suppliers in regard to WV & grant compliance requirement.
Project’s Funding & Cash-flow
- Propose the fund request to donor in consultation with Project Manager and Grant Finance Manager.
- Follow-up with Donor for outstanding fund.
- Create SA (Settlement Advise) to SO for fund received locally.
- Follow-up with SO for outstanding PBAS Commitment.
- Input budget request in PBAS and advice quickly on pending approval.
- Process timely the Project funding requests to NO Finance as per budget/cash-flow and ensure timely bank transfers.
- Prepare the bank reconciliation on monthly basis and ensure timely clearance of outstanding issues.
- Ensure project Petty cash is properly handled and reconciled.
- Ensure financial transactions are reviewed with program team and agreed action points are taken.
- Prepare the draft of Donor financial report and submit to Grant finance manager for review.
- Ensure analysis and reconciliations are done on monthly basis (GL vs Report and Funding vs PBAS)
- Monitor project support cost (CAL) charge against the approved provision.
- Submit the revised report to SO and/or to Donor before the reporting deadline
- Support the provision of the requested information to the auditors
- Ensure previous audit recommendations are implemented.
- Ensure follow-up of all audit recommendations.
- Follow-up with NO Finance to ensure submission of withholding tax for project staff.
- Prepare for the VAT report as per donor/SO requirement
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- A holder of at least a Diploma in finance or relevant qualification
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience in office management in a busy office at supervisory level with strong accounting and administration experience
- Excellent experience working with computerized accounting systems
- Excellent written & spoken English
- Experience working in the NGO sector managing multiple tasks 1.
- Proven experience and demonstration of mastery with micro soft office computer packages such as excel, word and Power point
- Diploma in Financial Accounting
- Registration with professional bodies such as ICAM, ACCA or CIMA
- Experience in managing statutory and donor audits
To view the complete Job Description and requirements please visit: https://www.wvcentral.org
Send a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to: email@example.com not later than 15th July 2019. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.