Cakes and Bakes
Cakes and Bakes is a cake shop in Lilongwe, Area 49 Gulliver. We specialise in themed cakes for all occasions, sweet and savoury snacks, and catering. We operate Sunday to Fridays.
About the Position:
As our Head Chef and Production Manager, you are responsible for leading, developing and coaching all shop employees. You will also be responsible for creating weekly schedules, managing food and labour costs, inventory and ordering, and working hands-on with the team to consistently produce delicious, fresh and well decorated cakes and other food items. The position reports to the cake shop owner and is a tremendous opportunity for an entrepreneurial leader looking to oversee an upcoming bakery business.
- Recruit, select, train, coach and retain qualified production team members. Establish team member accountabilities, and effectively communicate team assignments.
- Adjust labour and deployment based on business needs. Develop and maintain and effective cross-training approach. Hands-on oversight of team and production.
- Plan, prepare and produce all baked goods following traditional and modern recipes based on business demands. Ensure that recipes are followed, high quality standards are maintained, and products are consistent.
- Ensure labour and food cost in the production area meet stated goals and objectives.
- Purchase, receive and store ingredients, maintaining adequate inventory levels to minimize outages and waste.
- Maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all production areas and equipment. Manage unscheduled bakery maintenance as needed.
- Meet or exceed local food handling standards. Ensure proper safety procedures are being followed; address and resolve safety concerns.
- Develop strong working relationship with Front-of-House Manager and team in support of total business goals.
- At least 3 years of Baking experience, with 1 or more years in a supervisory role. High proficiency cakes/cake decoration.
- Knowledgeable of all steps of baking process including (but not limited to) recipe development, scaling and mixing, dividing and shaping, proofing and baking. Experience should include cakes, fine pastries, and breads.
- Passionate about baking, food and flavours with the ability to create unique recipes that have a strong customer appeal.
- Able to adjust and optimize production processes as our business grows.
- Strong time management skills; ability to effectively prioritize work activities for self and team.
- Punctual and reliable, and able to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Strong team collaborator, focused on solutions, open to others’ ideas and calm under pressure. Inspires and motivates others to achieve their full potential.
- Full-time employment
- Negotiable salary reflective of skills and experience
- Positive, collaborative, respectful work environment.
- Send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Phone Number 0999157239