Last Mile Health (LMH)
At Last Mile Health, we do things differently, despite the challenges. Do you have experience working with government partners to unlock financing for sustainable health programming? If so, you might be an excellent fit for the Health Financing Technical Assistant role.
Working in close partnership with the Ministry of Health and Population (MOHP), Last Mile Health (LMH) is supporting the government to implement the National Community Health Strategy. The Health Financing Technical Assistant will service as a principal liaison to the Malawi Ministry of Health (MOH)’s Community Health Services Section (CHSS) in the area of health financing and will work in direct partnership with the MOH and key stakeholders to expand health sector financial resources (including mobilization via domestic resources, innovative financing mechanisms and external aid) available to the Government of Malawi for the National Community Health Strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Support MOH, CHSS team to design and implement a health financing advocacy strategy for improved resource mobilization, allocation, and management of community health programs, including continued utilization and updating of costing models, resource mapping and financial projections
- Support resource mapping and reviewing funding channels to identify and understand areas for potential resource mobilization and acquisition
- Support mechanisms for financial sustainability for community health programming
- Support developing a range of materials on health financing for internal and external partners and funders to share analytical findings, recommendations, and to inform key policy decisions
- Support MOH, CHSS to convert their community health strategy and priorities into specific investments, funding proposals, or other donor facing documents
- Support members of the MOHP in national and global advocacy convenings, including preparation, participation and coordination of global strategic partnership meetings for increased resource mobilization
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience, or Master’s degree and at least 5 years of experience
- Several years of professional work experience in applied health financing, including providing quantitative analysis and support services to governments and funders including economic modeling, econometrics, and budget/cost analysis
- Availability for up to 25% domestic and some international travel
- Previous experience and knowledge of national and county-level government financing policies, procedures, and systems in resource-limited settings including costing tools and resource mapping tools, cost effectiveness analyses
- Previous experience and knowledge working with major donors to global health such as USAID, Global Fund, World Bank, GAVI
- Ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders, including funders, technical experts, and government personnel
- Ability to navigate complex government processes, and problem-solve to negotiate and achieve consensus with multiple stakeholders while balancing competing interests
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have previously worked in health financing role in Sub-Saharan Africa
- You have previous experience and knowledge of Malawian national and district-level government accounting policies, procedures, and systems
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world’s most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.