Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits. Palladium implements the USAID-funded Health Policy Plus (HP+) Project. HP+ works with key stakeholders to advance health policy and financing for family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV, and maternal and new-born health at national and subnational levels.
Now that population is one of the key priority areas in the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy III, districts need to incorporate population issues in their District Development Plans. HP+ is supporting the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development to develop a guide for integration of Population and Development into district planning tools. HP+ is seeking a consultant to help with the review of district development plans starting with about 3 districts. The consultant is also expected to help finalise the development of a usable comprehensive guide for integration of population and development into the District Social Economic Profile and the District Development Plans. The expected number of days for this consultancy is 30 starting upon selection through September 30, 2019.
- Work with the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development and the HP+ to orient selected districts on the tools.
- Review the existing district planning frameworks and identify population and planning gaps
- Review select (about 3) district development plans for integration of population issues and work with HP+ to provide feedback to the district planning teams. Feedback in track changes and summary PPT for each district.
- Provide feedback to the district planning teams on population indicators to include in the district profile assessment tools
- Review Youth Pocket Booklet that summarizes youth statistics.
The consultant will report to the Deputy Director, Technical
* University degree in social science, public health, economics, business or other related discipline strongly preferred but not required
* At least 5 years professional work experience in the area of population and development, youth, SRH/FP
* Strong familiarity with population and development policy and strategy planning
* Experience in working with government ministries and districts teams.
* Fluency in English and strong writing, communication, and reporting skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work within tight deadlines, flexibility, adaptability, and resourcefulness