Malawi Interfaith AIDS Association (MIAA)
The Malawi Interfaith AIDS Association (MIAA) was established in 2003 as an interfaith service agency to play a pivotal role in the coordination and facilitation of HIV and AIDS programming in the country. The main aim of the Secretariat is to facilitate a united commitment of Faith Communities in the tight against HIV and AIDS.
MIAA provides an institutional framework for implementing strategies in the fight against and mitigating the impact of HIV and AIDS by the Faith Based Organizations. The significant role of the MIAA through its Secretariat is to facilitate and coordinate the implementation of HIV and AIDS programmes by the various faith based institutions and organizations through the already established religious structures in the country.
To beef up our operations, MIAA is inviting application from suitably qualified Malawian candidates to fill the following vacant position tenable at the Secretariat in Lilongwe as soon as possible.
Job Title: Human Resource and Administration Officer (HRO)
Supervisor: Head of Finance and Administration
Department: Finance and Administration
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Finance and Administration, the incumbent will be responsible for providing both HR-specific and general administrative and secretarial support to MIAA Secretariat which will include the following:
- Record Maintenance
- Maintaining current HR files and databases including physical and digital personnel records like employment contracts
- Updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
- Maintaining records related to grievances. performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Completing termination paperwork and assisting with exist interviews
- Recruitment/New Hire Process
- Participating in recruitment efforts
- Posting job ads and organizing resumes and job applications
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process
- Ensuring background and reference checks are completed
- Preparing new employee files
- Orienting new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstation, email address, etc.)
- Conducting benefit enrolment process
- Ensuring vacation and sick time are tracked in the system
- Administrative duties
- They provide direct support to Executive Director by scheduling meetings and appointments. making travel arrangements.
- They explain company policies and procedures to employees.
- Supervising drivers, Office Assistant and Ground man
- Ensuring that offices are clean and its surroundings
- A Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Arts (BA), or a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Human Resource Management
- 3-5 years experience in similar position in a donor funded Non-Governmental or Faith Based Organization.
- Familiarity with Labour laws of Malawi
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally and able to make presentations in meetings
- Able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough. and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their motivation letter with current Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees by email ONLY to the Executive Director, Malawi Interfaith AIDS Association, Off Presidential Highway, Area 14 Plot #171, Private Bag 385 Lilongwe by email to email@example.com before 25th September. 2019, 12:00 pin Central African Time. Include the position applying for in the subject line when submitting. MIAA will entertain applications submitted by emails only
Malawi Interfaith AIDS Association is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities