US Peace Corps
Peace Corps, a Development Agency of the US Government, has an immediate opening for Human Resource Specialist based in Lilongwe. The Human Resource Specialist manages all personnel actions for the office in accordance with Post-specific and United States Government policies. The incumbent is also responsible for administrative support to the Director of Management and Operations. The Human Resource Specialist handles sensitive documents and communications, which require adherence to the strictest standards of confidentiality and professional conduct. The Human Resource Specialist, under the direction of the Director of Management and Operations is responsible for coordinating all aspects of Human Resources Management for Peace Corps Malawi. The Human Resource Specialist is often expected to work independently and with little supervision. This is a personal services contract position (PSC).
- Applicants should have at least three to five years of practical experience in Human Resources, accounting experience and management.
- The candidate must have the ability to work independently, have demonstrable interpersonal and team building skills, and strong customer service skills.
- Experience working with a U.S. Mission Government Agency, an International Organization, American business, NGO, or other relevant organization.
- Demonstrable maturity and professionalism to work in a multi-cultural environment and the ability to represent the Peace Corps Malawi with wide-range of professionals and external contacts, including representatives from the Government of Malawi, U.S. Government counterparts and donor/NGO partners.
- Knowledge of structure, development plans, and operations of the Government of Malawi preferred.
- Demonstrable professional proficiency in spoken and written Chichewa and English.
- Demonstrable professional proficiency in MS Word and Excel, with strong attention to detail Bachelor’s Degree required with preference given to degrees that focus in human resources, administration, or management.
Only electronic applications will be received. Candidates who meet the above qualifications should send a detailed C.V. with a cover letter that includes their qualifications, past work experience, professional references, diplomas/certificates, and telephone contact information to: MWfirstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must reach the US Peace Corps Office not later than 17:00 hours on 25th August, 2019. Send an email to MWemail@example.com for a full statement of work. The US Peace Corps is an equal opportunities employer.