Beit CURE International Hospital (BCIH)
CURE has an exceptional opportunity for a Human Resources Officer at its hospital in Malawi. The Human Resources Officer, reporting directly to the Hospital Administrator, will be responsible for both the clinical and non-clinical co-workers (employees) that deliver direct services to patients. The Human Resources Officer will assist in developing and administering human resources plans and procedures that relate to the hospital’s personnel planning, organizing, and controlling of the activities and actions of the Hospital Administration Department. The Human Resources Officer will be regarded as the direct link between the management and all hospital co-workers (employees) on people management issues. Due to the critical supervisory nature of this position, the Human Resources Officer will be called upon to handle co-worker (employee)-related services, regulatory compliance, the work environment, co-worker (employee) relations and welfare on a daily basis.
- Engage co-workers (employees) by assisting in the provision of the right conditions for all co-workers (employees) of the hospital for each working day whereby the co-workers (employees) are committed to the hospital’s goals and values, motivated to contribute to hospital success, with an enhanced sense of accountability and their own well being
- Create an environment where the hospital is seen as a great place to work and where continuous improvement is the norm
- Manage the communication from and to staff to ensure that there is open communication and key messages are effectively given to staff
- Reinforce human resources policies and procedures that support the business goals, improve co-worker (employee) engagement and conduct disciplinary hearings with regard to the hospital’s Code of Conduct
- Ensure that effective recruitment, selection, visa application and work permit processes are implemented timely
- Work collaboratively with the Finance Department to implement effective remuneration practices and oversee the maintenance of accurate remuneration and benefit data
- Take hands on responsibility for performance reviews and career processes and change programs
Qualified candidates for this position will possess the following:
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
Please click here to read our Statement of Faith.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.