One Acre Fund
Industry: Non-profit/International Development/Agriculture
Function: Human Resources
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Title: Human Resources Supervisor
Commitment: Long Term Career Growth Potential
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
One Acre Fund is looking for detail oriented Human Resources professional with at-least 2 years HR experience to join our exciting HR team as an HR supervisor.
The Human Resources Supervisor will play a key role in implementing and executing HR strategy to help the HR team achieve its set objectives as well as offer exceptional service delivery to the field team.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for creating contracts for new staff & ensuring that all current staff have updated contracts
- Provide consultation on compensation to managers
- Manage and update contract trackers accordingly
- Provide contract addendum for promoted staff and staff who’ve received raises
- On-boarding Process Coordination
- Organize and execute HR orientation sessions for new staff
- Processing employment paperwork; contracts, policies, employee handbook etc. verify that all new employees complete the necessary paperwork to be in compliance with government and OAF mandates.
- Collecting personal data for benefits enrollment; MASM forms, Benevolence fund
- Adding the information of new employees in the new staff reconciliation sheet for payroll purposes
- Organize procurement and distribution of bicycles to new field staff
- Act as a consultant to new employees
- Communicate with the HR team and management feedback from the on-boarding process
- Responsible for weekly district visits agenda
- Responsible for creation of talking points for field staff refresher trainings
- Coordinating with the Field Operations department during season launch for Field Officer contract signing and trainings
- Leave Management
- Maintaining accurate staff leave records
- Processing staff leave requests and updating leave trackers accordingly
- Sending leave summaries to department heads on a quarterly basis
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- 1-2 years’ work experience in Human Resources
- Computer literate, proficient with MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, experience with the Google suite is an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge of employment paperwork (e.g. confidentiality agreements, fixed-term contracts and terms of agreement etc.)
- Ethical personality along with the ability to handle confidential information
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of Malawi labor laws
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage data
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Preferred Start Date
1st September, 2019
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Malawi. .
To apply, please CLICK HERE
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.