One Acre Fund
The Impact Ventures Department is looking for someone to fill the position of New Program Growth Specialist. Innovation, generating lasting impact and offering the best services to as many farmers as possible is what inspires the Impact Ventures Department. The department distributes tree seedlings to small holder farmers to diversify farmer land use and increase their adaptability to climate change. What a chance to make a difference in the lives of smallholder farmers!
You will work with both, large field teams and global teams to ensure smooth program execution. You will work on high-level program strategy and develop detailed processes to ensure targets are met. You will report to the Malawi Impact Ventures Lead.
Specific responsibilities include:
Tree Program Expansion
The New Program Growth Specialist will provide important tree program expansion support including:
- Suggest creative process changes/ trials for the program.
- Provide guidance on which areas the program can expand to or scale in a cost-effective way
- Provide technical oversight on tree health and disease attack to District coordinators.
- Identify synergies with the Core One Acre Fund model in tree related activities
Coordination and Communication
- Be the link between Impact Ventures and other One Acre Fund teams like Logistics and Government Relations
- Manage field indicators and provide necessary support to the field team
- Manage the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) process and use the data to make strategic decisions.
- Coordinate with external partners such as the Forestry Research Institute of Malawi in training/procurement/ general direction of the program
- Have monthly meetings with Government Relations and local leaders in our areas of operation to remain within the Malawi Government’s goals regarding trees.
- Directly manage District Coordinators (DCs) including investing in professional development, scoping projects, and supporting on project execution.
- Indirectly manage the field team (Field supervisors and Field Assistants) providing necessary feedback for team cohesion
- Develop trainings for District Coordinators and Field staff on Tree related topics including reviewing and improving on current training materials
- Support the Program Growth Lead in team development
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- 4 years of progressive work experience
- 2 years’ experience leading a team and project
- You have experience working in a multicultural background
- You are humble; willing to get your shoes muddy and work productively with people from all walks of life
- You are dedicated to personal development; a desire to take on any challenge and take any feedback as a learning opportunity
- You are a good problem solver
- You can deliver at a high level
- 1 or more years’ experience managing projects in natural resources extension work or working directly with farmers preferred
- You are familiar with basic tree management techniques with a degree in Forestry, Environmental Science, Natural Resources Management or a related field preferred
See the full job description and application details on our website.