National Aids Commission (NAC)
[pms-restrict subscription-plans = “516, 517”]
The National Aids Commission (NAC) is a body corporate established in 2001 and reconstituted through the HIV and AIDS (Prevention and Management) Act No. 9 of 2018. The Act mandates NAC to coordinate and provide leadership for the implementation of the National response to HIV and AIDS (Prevention and Management) by other key stakeholders. The enactment of the HIV and AIDS (Prevention and Management) Act No 9 of 2018, reconstituted NAC with new functional roles.
In order to meet the new requirements and its mandate effectively and efficiently, excellent and rare opportunities have arisen to engage qualified persons of Malawian origin to fill various positions of National AIDS Commission tenable at its Head Office in Lilongwe.
NAC, therefore, invites applications from suitable candidates to fill these positions on permanent terms of employment. The positions are as follows:
Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Officer 1
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will have the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that the public NAC website is updated and maintained with the latest relevant HIV/AIDS information provided by and available to NAC.
- Ensure that the internal network (intranet) is maintained for use by NAC’s own staff and key partners.
- Ensure that the information systems used by NAC are functional, effective and able to serve the needs of key users such as the M&E officer, the NAC Information Officer, and the Information Analyst, as well as other internal stakeholders.
- Support the Information & Monitoring team in the organization and management of information and to assist them with the development of information systems and databases in line with international best practice.
- Work with the IT manager to ensure that all IT systems are appropriate and functional for NAC’s overall needs
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants should possess:
- At least Relevant Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, or Information Technology or Information Systems or Software Engineering plus at least three years post graduate experience.
- Have an in depth knowledge of the issues and implications of the HIV and AIDS pandemic both locally and internationally;
- Be an optimistic and determined individual, able to meet, resolve, and overcome inevitable challenges facing the Commission in achieving its goals and objectives;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Have excellent interpersonal, teambuilding and leadership skills;
- Be able to inspire trust, confidence and respect of others;
- Be able to acknowledge and value the contribution of others; Be an effective communicator, flexible and responsive strategic thinker with the ability to conceptualize and articulate high level policy decisions and translate them into clear strategic direction;
- Proficient in ERPs and Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and Access); and
- Have a verifiable results-oriented track record that includes experience in sound financial management.
COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
The ideal candidates for the positions must:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
NAC shall offer an attractive employee benefits package to successful candidate in accordance with its emolument structure (commensurate with qualifications and experience).
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates should submit their applications with:
- an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Names and Contacts of Three Traceable Referees, at least one of whom should have been a first or second level supervisor of the applicant within the last five (5) years; and
- copies of their Academic and Professional Qualifications.
Please quote the job title being applied for on the envelope. The application should be sent to the address below.
The Acting Chief Executive Officer, National AIDS Commission, P. O. Box 30622, LILONGWE 3. The closing date for all applications is Friday 19th July 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.