National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC)
The National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC) is mandated by an Act of Parliament to disburse and manage operational and development resources for Local Councils in Malawi. As part of the Malawi Government reform agenda and in an effort to enhance its institutional capacity, the NLGFC and the Local Development Fund (LDF) were merged.
The National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC) therefore seeks to strengthen its capacity to support Local Councils by engaging suitably qualified, experienced and result oriented Malawian professionals to fill vacant positions tenable at the NLGFC offices in Area 14, Lilongwe. The positions highlighted below, are very challenging, requiring highly committed and skilled individuals with exceptional expertise:
INTERNAL AUDITOR (GRADE M4)
To appraise utilization of NLGFC resources and control systems
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checking expenditure receipts to justify expenditure in order to determine the degree of compliance to agreed cost estimates,
- Analyzing Invoices and related documents to detect any fraud, inconsistencies or alterations and recommending appropriate action to be taken where necessary;
- Monitoring financial progress of NLGFC in order to ensure that it is compatible with the agreed benchmarks;
- Identifying projects with delayed submissions of financial reports or mis-procurement and notifying the ED for appropriate action;
- Verifying justification and payment recommendations for the approval of the ED in order to expedite the timely transfer of funds to Local Authorities;
- Liaising with relevant technical directorates and staff of the Auditor General to ensure that project accounts are submitted and audited on time;
- Assisting in the preparation and submission of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports to the ED.
The Internal Auditor shall report to the Internal Audit Manager
Bachelor of Accountancy degree; or full qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, ACA.
Required and Preferred Competencies and Attributes
- At least three (3) years’ relevant work experience
- Should have skills In reviewing an organizations business process
- Should have the ability to detect fraud and theft
- Should have skills to the organization is complying with the relevant rules and regulations
For all the positions, Government approved salary scales for the National Local Government Finance Committee shall apply. National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC) is committed to diversify Gender equality in its operations and strongly encourages women to apply for the above vacant posts.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit applications together with concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) plus three traceable referees and copies of relevant certificates to the address below not later than Monday 22nd July 2019.
The Executive Director, National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC), Red Cross House, Area 14, P/Bag 352, LILONGWE 3
Please indicate the post being applied for on the envelope. Applicants who fully meet the above requirements and are considered for further assessment shall be acknowledged