The NGO Gender Coordination Network
[pms-restrict subscription-plans = “516, 517”]
The NGO Gender Coordination Network (NGO GCN) was formed to enhance strategic coordination among NGOs working on promotion of gender equality and women’s empowerment in Malawi. Currently, the network has 51 member organisations. These organisations are clustered into five thematic working groups namely: 1) Agriculture and Economic Empowerment of Women (AEEW); 2) Gender Based Violence (GBV); 3) Gender Related Laws (GRL); 4) Child Rights (CR) and; 5) Women in Politics and Decision Making (WPDM). Established in 1998, NGOGCN was formed as part of the implementation of the Platform of Action on gender equality agreed at the Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing in 1995.
EXPECTED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The objective of the internship at NGO GCN is to provide an opportunity to graduate students and young professionals in the areas of Gender, Development and related fields. to familiarize themselves about gender related work including advocacy and policy that NGO GCN is involved in among others, and their application to the relevant issues in the various sectors of the Malawian nation or other relevant context. Specifically, the intern will be expected to:
- Assist NGO GCN in research through the collection of relevant gender, women rights, and human rights materials from credible institutions / sources.
- Assist in the preparation, coordination and facilitation of various gender and women rights trainings/meetings with application of knowledge of the constitution, international human rights law, treaties and conventions.
- Assist NGO GCN in providing and exchanging information, knowledge and experiences in gender equality, women rights to civil society organisations (NGOs), that are members of the Network around its five thematic areas.
- Help NGO GCN in providing capacity building to members through preparing and developing training materials.
- Assist NGO GCN with policy or legislative reviews for recommendations on policy or law reforms to be advocated for by NGO GCN.
- Write reports, develop and produce gender related literature and materials as articles to NGO GCN’s website, newsletters, magazines and other publications.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating some projects (field visits).
- Help NGO GCN with its advocacy and networking activities.
- Undertake any other duties assigned within NGO GCN as requested by her supervisor/manager or his/her designate.
- Applicants must have or should be studying towards a Bachelor’s degree in Gender and Development Studies or other related field from a recognized university.
- Ability to communicate and produce timely results
How to apply
NGOGCN is an equal opportunities employer and qualified women are encouraged to apply while all qualified applicants are welcome. Applications must include a Curriculum Vitae and a letter of recommendation. Applications received without recommendation will be summarily rejected. Out of college young professionals (not in any job) must include recommendation/s obtained from experts in their field.
Applications with the required attachments can be sent by postal address or e-mail not later 12th July 2019 to THE CHAIRPERSON, The Internal Recruitment Committee, NGOGCN, P/Bag A225, Anamwino House, City Centre, Lilongwe 3. Email: email@example.com