CARE provides equal employment opportunities and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for the positions advertised below.
CARE is an International NGO that works in 95 countries around the world to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. In Malawi, CARE works in collaboration with the Government of Malawi and other local and international partners.
CARE International in Malawi has been awarded a cooperative agreement from the U.S. Agency for
International Development’s Office of Food for Peace (USAID/FFP), in to implement a five-year Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) to improve and sustain the food and nutrition security of
vulnerable populations in Zomba and Mangochi Districts. The project will work at the individual,
household, community and institutional levels to address the underlying causes of food insecurity and
strengthen transformative opportunities. This includes a focus on improving food access and incomes
through agriculture and other livelihoods initiatives; enhancing natural resource and environmental
management; combating under-nutrition, especially for children under two and pregnant and lactating
women; and mitigating disaster impact through early warning and community preparedness activities.
The project which will be called Titukulane is intended to strengthen resilience in populations vulnerable
to acute, chronic hunger and recurrent shocks, stresses and crises, and to reduce future need for ongoing or emergency. CARE is working in consortium with Save the Children, Emmanuel International,
WaterAid, NASFAM, and IFPRI, as well as other associated organizations.
CARE seeks to recruit well qualified staff to fill various vacant positions based in Zomba and Lilongwe as
IT Coordinator – Zomba
The IT Coordinator shall report directly to ICT Manager and shall be responsible for driving the use of
information technology within the Titukulane project. S/he shall be responsible for providing effective
IT systems, helping develop and implement IT standards and policies, and providing ICT support and
solutions to meet the needs of the organization within the project. S/he shall also manage the IT
infrastructure including the management of software applications and hardware that support ICT
Duties and Responsibilities
- Configure, deploy and manage workstations, laptops and peripheral equipment
- Conduct user training and dissemination of technological information and updates to all staff
- Administer secure data backups to a central repository
- Setup users access to the shared storage through access controls in Active Directory
- Setup and support audio/visual equipment for presentations and trainings on and off site.
- Setup all users on the corporate antivirus and stations setup to scan and update the antivirus
weekly (the updates will be done manually for field offices with slow
- Maintain an inventory of all IT equipment and Software
- Co-ordinate a quarterly service and maintenance of all IT equipment
- Provide software/hardware and system troubleshooting support
- Setup and manage operating systems and user applications. Proactively schedule software
upgrades and patching
- Monitor the network to ensure optimal functionality and availability to all system users
- Troubleshoot mail access incidences and assist in resetting passwords and repair cabled,
wireless and other network infrastructure
- Act as a liaison between the organization and 3rd party service providers.
Required qualifications and experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Information Technology or it’s equivalent
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience within the ICT technical field
- Network Certifications – (Networking Essentials, N+), desirable
- Windows Server Administration – Active Directory, desirable
Applicants who meet the required qualifications and experience should send their applications through
email to following email address : email@example.com.
Application letters should be addressed to:
The Country Director
Closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday October 20, 2019. Only short listed candidates will be
CARE has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse and has a Protection from Sexual
Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Policy which outlines expected behaviors and responsibilities of all staff
and CARE related personnel (consultants, vendors, partners, project participants, etc.). All potential
candidates will be required to complete a Self-Declaration Form and those successful will be expected
to sign up to the Code of Behavior contained in the PSEA Policy.