International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI)
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Knowledge Management Advisor
Reports To: Chief of Party
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Knowledge Management Advisor for an anticipated USAID/Malawi Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) and capacity building support contract. The Knowledge Management Advisor will be responsible for the design, implementation and technical quality of knowledge management activities on the project. This position will be full-time, based in Lilongwe, Malawi, for the duration of the project. The period of performance is expected to be from mid-2020 to mid-2025. Position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate stock-taking exercises such as pause-and-reflect sessions, before action reviews, after action reviews, and opportunities to give and receive stakeholder feedback;
- Oversee the compilation and dissemination of information from both quantitative and qualitative data on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to local, national and regional-level intergovernmental bodies, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
- Build capacity of staff, government counterparts, and other stakeholders in program monitoring and evaluation, data collection and management as necessary;
- Advising the project on adaptive management activities based one learnings;
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of library, curation and knowledge management best practices.
- Knowledge of software systems for creating information management systems, portals, spreadsheets and databases;
- Demonstrated experience overseeing the design, development and delivery of innovative knowledge management activities within a USAID context;
- Expertise in working with a variety of stakeholders including host country government personnel, NGO partners, international donor agencies and other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative data collection, and experienced in using key informant interviews, focus groups, and interactive tools to generate qualitative information and learning from the data;
- Experience in and/or contextual knowledge of Malawi is preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in knowledge management and research efforts for large USAID-funded programs;
- Fluency in oral and written English.
Education: Master’s degree in organizational learning, knowledge management, or other related area of expertise.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some time spent in the field. This position is based in Malawi.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: This position requires travel within Malawi.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States or Malawi.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.