The anticipated contract is to create a central platform for the procurement of support services in order to support and facilitate USAID’s capacity for applying monitoring, evaluation and learning to improve development outcomes, as well as strengthen local capacity of USAID/Malawi’s strategic partners to advance shared development objectives. The objectives of this activity include:
- Higher-impact Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (MEL) and Program Support
- Sustainable Local Capacity for development
SI is seeking a local Knowledge Management Specialist for the USAID Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity. The Specialist would be responsible for coordinating KM across the project activities, including working closely with implementing partners and USAID Mission staff. This is a full-time position, based in Lilongwe.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Malawian citizens will be considered.**
- Coordinate with the Chief of Party, and other Specialists to oversee knowledge management across the project.
- Gather, synthesize, and create systems for maintaining and disseminating key information.
- Develop a knowledge management sustainability strategy to ensure lessons learned and best practices are stored and shared with USAID, stakeholders and implementing partners.
- Coordinate knowledge management products, services, approaches and tools.
- Assist USAID in adopting and strengthening knowledge management systems and processes.
- Oversee development and presentation of data for evidence-based learning and decision-making.
- Conduct and facilitate knowledge exchange events, knowledge management communities of practice with stakeholders and disseminate best practices.
- Master’s degree in a field related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business or development administration; knowledge management; political science; economics or development studies.
- Demonstrated experience in and knowledge management, data visualization and communication in development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with USAID M&E and information systems.
- Experience using knowledge management software and development and use of databases.
- Ability to work well with data visualization tools (ArcGIS, SPSS and Excel).
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and administrative skills are required.
- Fluency in English is required.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.