Parliamentary Service Commission
Applications are invited from suitably qualified people to fill in the following vacant post which exists in the Parliament of Malawi Establishment.
Vac. No. PSC/1/2/19
Job Title: Librarian (Grade I/PO)
Reporting to: The Senior Librarian
Provide library Services efficiently and effectively matching current trends with the information world.
- Process books and other materials before placement on the shelf;
- Process the acquisition of new books and periodicals for the Library;
- Compile bibliographies of books for use by the members of Parliament and staff;
- Participate in the Preparation of draft estimates for inclusion in the National Assembly annual budget;
- Manage Library classifications and cataloguing operations;
- Supervise the issuance of Library materials to user;
- Supervise and appraising staff under his charge;
- Participate in the formulation of policies and rules for the Library;
- Market information and services of the library;
- Prepare inter – Library loan request.
Qualification and Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science with at least 2 years work experience.
Mode of Application
Interested persons who meet the above specifications should submit a written application letter with a copy of current Curriculum Vitae, naming three (3) traceable referees to address below not later than 26th July, 2019.
The Secretary, Parliamentary Service Commission, Parliament Building P/Bag B362, Lilongwe 3