Partners in Hope - OHSEC Project
Partners in Hope (PIH) is a Malawian NGO based in Lilongwe. In addition to operating a general clinic, inpatient ward and HIV/ AIDS clinic, the program unit provides support to Ministry of Health and CHAM health facilities in eight districts from Chitipa to Nsanje. Teams are working to meet the 90-90-90 targets for HIV testing, retention in care and viral load suppression through training, mentorship, supervision and health systems strengthening.
Partners in Hope – under the Care and Treatment Grant is seeking to recruit highly motivated individuals for the following position:
LOGISTICS OFFICER — CHIKWAWA (1 POSITION)
The Logistics Officer will be responsible for the collection, receiving, storage and distribution of goods to all project site, where Partners in Hope is implementing Health Service Delivery programs under the OHSEC Project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verifying requirements and sourcing quotations for goods and services as requested by Program’s staff.
- Analyzing quotations and coordinating the finalization of the procurement process with the HQ office
- Following up on customs clearing processes with MRA HQ office for imported goods in liaison with the supervisor.
- Logistics and Inventory
- Collection/receiving of supplies, safe keeping and distribution of the same to project areas and provision of monthly distribution report for the Snr Supply Chain Manager’s review.
- Ensuring that accurate records for received and distributed goods are timely recorded and kept of file
- In liaison with the IT Department, ensure that all assets are tagged on receipt and the Inventory Register is updated accordingly.
- Quarterly supervision of all sites to ensure proper storage and usage of project equipment by PIH’s field staff and facility personnel.
- Fleet Management
- In Liaison with the Transport Department, assisting with management of service and maintenance of all vehicles.
- Supervision and Management of full time and locum drivers
- Oversee the management of fuel, and ensure that all drivers adhere to the procedures of the PIH’s Vehicle Management Policy.
QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- CIPS Diploma in Purchasing and Supply and those with CILT International Certificate in Transport and Logistics will have an added advantage.
- At least one-year experience working in a similar position
- Very good command of English and Chichewa
- Proficient in Computer packages especially with Excel and word
- A clean SADIC driving license and ability in driving manual vehicles is preferred
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience above should submit their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), relevant copies of Certificates, three traceable referees, include the Job title in the subject and deliver their applications either by Hand/Post to:
The Senior HR Manager, Partners in Hope – OHSEC Project, P.O. Box 302 LILONGWE. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday 18th September, 2019. Please note that only shortlisted applicants Will be contacted, Partners In Hope thanks all applicants for their interest.