International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI)
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Assignment Title: Malawi Fisheries/ Evaluation Specialist
Technical Point of Contact: Team Lead/Evaluation Specialist
Type: Short-time Consultancy
Level of Effort: 49 days
IBTCI is seeking a Local Fisheries/Evaluation Specialist for the Final Evaluation ofUSAID’s Fisheries Integration of Society and Habitats (FISH) Project. The purpose of this project is to align Malawi’s Growth and Development Strategy (MGDS) and to promote sustainable fisheries for improved livelihoods for communities living around Malawi’s main lakes. Locals Only. Must be a Malawi National.
Scope of Work:
- Provide guidance on local fisheries management and practices.
- Provide support in arranging appointments and maintaining the schedule, providing interpretation and translation, and assisting with the preparation of project reports, as needed.
- Provide technical leadership with respect to the natural and man-made challenges facing sustainable fisheries in Malawi, as well as the capacity constraints that impede sustainable fisheries, at both the local and national level.
- Provide technical leadership on the evaluation question concerning USAID’s strategic options for future fisheries programming in Malawi.
- Participate in team meetings, key informant interviews, group meetings, site visits, and draft the key sections of the report.
- Participate in presenting the report to USAID and other stakeholders and be responsible for addressing pertinent comments provided by USAID/Malawi and other stakeholders. Other duties as assigned.
- Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
- This consultancy does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients; nor does it authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technical understanding of fisheries, agriculture, and climate change issues.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to effectively coordinate stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of fisheries governance and climate change adaptation principles.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
- Malawian with five years of field experience in evaluation, with some sectoral experience with fisheries and/or natural resource conservation.
- M&E experience with at least one similar USAID project, or that of another international donor, and have familiarity with USAID regulations and systems.
- Experience evaluating development activities for donors such as USAID, DFID, and World Bank preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in monitoring & evaluation, fisheries, environment, climate change, natural resource management, aquaculture or a related environmental science.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel within Malawi may be required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.