National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC)
[pms-restrict subscription-plans = “516, 517”]
The National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC) is mandated by an Act of Parliament to disburse and manage operational and development resources for Local Councils in Malawi. As part of the Malawi Government reform agenda and in an effort to enhance its institutional capacity, the NLGFC and the Local Development Fund (LDF) were merged.
The National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC) therefore seeks to strengthen its capacity to support Local Councils by engaging suitably qualified, experienced and result oriented Malawian professionals to fill vacant positions tenable at the NLGFC offices in Area 14, Lilongwe. The positions highlighted below, are very challenging, requiring highly committed and skilled individuals with exceptional expertise:
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT (GRADE PM)
The Management Accountant shall be responsible for planning and managing financial reporting requirements in accordance with financial agreements between the Government of Malawi, Development Partners and other stakeholders
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Producing and analyzing periodic management reports/project statements to ensure cost controls Reviewing bank reconciliations and maintaining accurate and reliable accounting records;
- Providing information to External Auditors during audit;
- Plan, prepare and maintain monthly payroll for staff accurately and on schedule.
- Supervising the Assistant Accountants to ensure accurate and timely production of replenishment claims (Statement of Expenditures-SOE) and donor withdrawal applications.
- Monitoring spending, financial control, reporting principles and practices and advising NLGFC on the same; identifying and managing risk
- Ensuring that all documents relating to financial transactions are property filed.
- Participating In the preparation and consolidation of annual budgets, designing and implementation of internal financial controls and management of computerized financial systems.
- Analyzing Financial Management reports and initiate corrective actions on variances from budgets.
- Reviewing NLLGFC fixed asset register
The Management Accountant shall report to the Finance Manager
Bachelor of Accountancy degree, or full professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA.
Required and preferred competencies and Attributes
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position
- Should have the skills in diagnostic analysis
- Skills in planning, budgeting, reporting and controlling
- Able to demonstrate strong ethics.
- Computer literacy and ability to set up and operate an accounting database, preferably IFMIS and Tompro Accounting system.
- Conversant with Accounting standards and Donor Funded projects.
- Clear understanding of Government/project accounting and financial policy requirements.
- Good understanding of project procurement procedures.
- A team player with strong Interpersonal skills and works with minimum supervision.
- Training and presentation skills and ability to interpret accounting and financial data.
For all the positions, Government approved salary scales for the National Local Government Finance Committee shall apply. National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC) is committed to diversify Gender equality in its operations and strongly encourages women to apply for the above vacant posts.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit applications together with concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) plus three traceable referees and copies of relevant certificates to the address below not later than Monday 22nd July 2019.
The Executive Director, National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC), Red Cross House, Area 14, P/Bag 352, LILONGWE 3
Please indicate the post being applied for on the envelope. Applicants who fully meet the above requirements and are considered for further assessment shall be acknowledged