VITALITE Group is a Malawi registered company founded in 2019. VITALITE was created to increase rural electrification and combat the poverty tax affecting low-income, energy-poor households across Malawi. Our stated mission is to make quality products and services accessible and affordable to all Malawian households. VITALITE Malawi prides itself as one of the leaders in pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) platforms and the best service and distribution company that benefits the larger bracket of Malawian people.
VITALITE Malawi seeks the capabilities of a Marketing / Sales Lead. The position will be a key component of the team and will quickly join our leadership group that shapes country wide strategy and tactics.
As the Marketing and Sales coordinator, you will assist in the design of our approach to building brand awareness, engaging prospective candidates, and measuring the impact of our efforts with the Malawi team. This is a unique opportunity for someone who shares our passion for improving Malawi lives through sustainable household solutions on a regional team with significant input on country wide strategy.
Strategy and Relationship Building
- Identify marketing trends in Southern Africa to optimize our spend and improve our outreach
- Develop an annual strategy to build our employer brand with priority audiences
- Be involved in regular audience and market research initiatives with the Regional team to inform strategy in scale-up.
Digital Content Marketing
- Create distribution strategies across paid, owned, and earned media
- Evolve our content marketing initiatives to raise brand awareness and cultivate leads
- Oversee all core digital brand channels (website, social, emails)
- Work with in-house designers and manage several external web and ad vendors
Data and Analytics
- Lead our marketing measurement to track the effectiveness of our strategies
- Work within online dashboards (e.g. Google, etc)
- Develop clear reports for senior leaders on marketing ROI and our impact on hiring goals.
- Mentor junior staffers on partner teams (recruitment, fundraising) on marketing
- Manage one direct report who will execute on our digital marketing
- Contribute to the Communications team’s development, culture and performance.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional communicator with at least 2+ years of marketing experience. The ideal candidate will have a passion for working in digital marketing and communications, strong project management skills, and a keen attention to detail. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 2+ years of marketing experience, with experience and two references
- Exceptional, all-round communication skills
- Experience developing, executing, and assessing marketing strategies
- An ability to use data insights to shape strategy, creative briefs, and content ideation
- Strong knowledge of search, email, digital ads, and social media best practices
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) and google applications (Google Docs, Calendar, and Gmail). Data management experience in google analytics a plus.
- Familiarity with the discipline of content marketing (direct experience is a major plus)
- Strong detail orientation and an ability to manage projects with creative teams
- Professional and proactive attitude.
- Prior experience in a marketing role in a Southern African organization or agency preferred
- Able to speak English and Chichewa
- Strong sales or marketing track record.
- Diploma/ Degree in related field required.
- Grade 12 certificate (with good Mathematics and English results)
- Good team player.
- Driving license (Class B).
- Willing to travel in-country.
- Social media experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your full application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate how you heard about us and include the role you are applying for in the subject line.
Application will include:
- 300 word essay, responding to the question, “How would you market a new product that the company you are working for has just bought?”
- Two references (previous employers)
- Copy of academic certificates
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com