Food and Agriculture Organization
[pms-restrict subscription-plans = “516, 517”]
FAO is a member of the United Nations and does not charge any fees or require personal banking details at any stage at the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training or any other fees).
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Contract Type: National Project Personnel Contract
Job Grade: SB4
Duration: 12 Months (with possibility of renewal)
Duty Station: Lilongwe
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF TASK(S) AND OBJECTIVES TO BE ACHIEVED
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the International Programme Officer (M&E and Knowledge Management), in close collaboration with the Head of Field Operations and Assistant FAO Representative (Programme), the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will develop and implement M&E Systems to ensure consistent performance management and reporting of FAO’s Country Programming Framework (CPF) implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities: In particular, the incumbent will:
- Lead in the evaluation of the current Country Programme Framework (CPF), and take leadership in the development of a new CPF that will guide FAO Malawi programming for the next 4 years.
- Ensure effective implementation of the CPF Monitoring and Evaluation system, which includes:
- Guiding and leading the data collection and analysis at project level;
- Developing, designing, organizing and implementing baseline and impact surveys as per the M&E system requirements;
- Ensuring that all stakeholders are participating in the various M&E activities;
- Analyzing and compiling information collected, and producing reports that show progress in achievement of CPF outputs and outcomes, reasons for not achieving results and recommendations for improvement;
- Leading the process of dissemination to the various audiences and suggesting avenues and modalities for implementation of findings and recommendations; and Act as the contact person for CPF in the organization
- Build capacities of FAO staff and government partners and ensure quality control of monitoring and evaluation activities, at both management and operational levels, through training, on-the-job assistance, and development of guidelines for all staff involved in assessment, monitoring and evaluation;
- Work closely with Government ministries, particularly the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Water Development in planning and organizing M&E training programmes, identifying specific needs and accessing external training services;
- Prepare M&E components of documents including concept notes, proposals, project documents, articles, publications; for various projects, both ongoing and new
- Ensure the maintenance of M&E systems, including tools, databases as well as the continuous provision and dissemination of information;
- Liaise with FAO field offices, relevant government institutions and implementing partners on all monitoring. and evaluations issues related to the country office (i.e. reports, databases, training, etc.);
- Liaise with the Regional Office and Headquarters (especially OSP) to ensure the M&E system is in line with corporate standards; act as focal person for PIRES Reporting
- Manage and oversee data collection, management and collation for the various projects and assessments being implemented by the organization, including:
- Developing online data collection applications and templates using open source applications such as ODK/Kobo/CSEntry e.tc.
- Data cleaning and analysis
- Represent FAO in the UN system (UNDAF M&E Working Group), government (ASWAP M&E working group) other forums and coordination structures in matters of M&E; and
- Liaise with the communications officer, programme officers and head of technical units to document good practices, success stories and lessons learned for organizational learning and improvement.
Key Performance Indicators
- Degree, preferably Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Food Security or related subject with appropriate technical experience- in the agricultural/rural development/ food security sector.
Technical Competencies and Experience Requirements:
- At least 3 years of proven experience with the results-based management approach, data collection methods (quantitative and qualitative), M&E systems development and implementation, and training in M&E
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel and any other statistics software such as SPSS, Stata or R
- Experience of working with/or in government departments, national and international
- Knowledge and understanding of the Theory of Change and Results Based Management (RBM) approach
- Experience of working with/or in NGOs and other UN agencies is desirable
- Team Player
- Good communication and training skills.
All applications accompanied by CVs clearly marked with the name of the position you are applying for should be submitted to:
The FAO Recruitment Office
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
P. O. Box 30750
Or by email to: Mwemail@example.com
Closing date for applications is 21st June, 2019. Applications received after the closing date will be disregarded.
FAO is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
FAO is a smoke free environment.