EU Delegation to Malawi
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Malawi’s mission is to support Malawi and its population effectively in its development ambitions; notably, eradicating poverty, achieving economic growth, integrating its economy into the world economy and becoming a mature and well governed democracy, while taking into account the interests of the European Union.
We offer a post of Office Support Agent in the Administration Section of the Delegation, under the authority of the Head of Delegation.
This post within the Administration Section of the EU Delegation requires a dynamic and committed individual.
Main Functions and duties:
Under the supervision of the Head of Administration, provide front office support to the EU Delegation.
Responsibilities and duties – BUT not limited to:
Front Office Management, Customer Liaison and Communications
- Ensuring the Front Desk is professionally managed at all times
- To effectively administer and manage Telephone Management Call System for in-coming and out-going call.
- To ensure highest level of customer care is accorded to all visitors and that are attended to with minimum delays.
- To alert security personnel on any suspicion that creates security threats to the delegation
- Professional management of Incoming and outgoing mail including Diplomatic bag
- To ensure full coverage of the reception at all times.
Allocation of drivers and fuel management
- Effective management of vehicle fleet
- To ensure that drivers are allocated to the requested tasks via the DRIVER application.
- Follow up on driver presence
- Ensure equal distribution of duties and missions between 4 drivers.
- Ensure requests from Ambassador’s office are given appropriate priority and that they are followed up.
- Assist with fuel card stock monitoring as per instructions given and that irregularities are reported
- Ensure that the delegation Diesel stock is properly accounted for and that weekly stock checks are completed and any irregularities reported.
Asset and Stationery management
- To assist with delegation asset management and tracking as well as inventory recording.
- Ensure that the Office stationery is always accounted for as well as distributed to staff on request
- To ensure that no purchases are done without an approved prior Local Purchase Order
- To monitor stationery stocks electronically and manually.
- To assist with the sourcing of supplies of stationery by obtaining comparative quotes from suppliers.
- To receive and store all stationery items
- To make sure that all received stock is recorded well and that all movements are documented and stocks updated.
- Ensure that administration is alerted in good time when stocks are running low – allowing replenishment through a proper procurement procedure.
- Ensure that stock levels are reasonable (supplies for 1 year max)
- Ensure that the delegation stationery records are updated at all times.
Fluent in English and Chichewa; French an advantage.
A high level of computer literacy is essential.
Good knowledge of switchboard management.
At least 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in a diplomatic mission, international organisation or NGO, relating to areas of front office management. Malawi School Leaving Certificate (MSCE) or A levels.
- The person has to be willing to work in a busy environment, sometimes long hours, be fast, very active, dedicated, motivated and innovative. Impartiality and honesty. The successful candidate should be patient, calm and polite, be determined and flexible and must be a good team player.
How to apply:
Applications including a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a cover letter, must be delivered in hard copy only to the address below. The template of the CV can be downloaded from this website https://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/malawi_en, or can be collected from the Reception of the European Union Delegation between 11:00 hrs and 12:00 noon.
The application letter must indicate the job reference number ADM/ AL-IV/44953/2019 and must include copies of relevant education certificates and work certificates.
The Head of Administration
POST REFERENCE: ADM/ AL-IV/44953/2019
NOT TO BE OPENED BY THE INTERNAL MAIL DEPARTMENT
European Union Delegation to Malawi
Area 18 Roundabouts, Corner of M1 and Presidential Way
P.O. Box 30102, Lilongwe 3, Malawi
Closing date for receipt of applications: Tuesday 17th September 2019
(Applications must have reached the delegation by this date)