Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a recognized global leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS. In its work to eliminate pediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs, EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non- governmental partners in 15 countries. EGPAF supports service provision for comprehensive HIV care, treatment and prevention programs, and health systems strengthening. EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence‐based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 179 health facilities in eight districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) ‐ funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi. To ensure improved patient care, facilitate epidemic control of HIV, and availability of age and sex disaggregated reporting for improved program management for the Government of Malawi, PEPFAR and MOH are investing in simple electronic reporting within Malawi, to reach 95% of sites supported by PEPFAR by the end of FY20. To meet this need, EGPAF has been requested to support all PEPFAR/CDC EMRS investments.
Title : Operations Manager (EMR Project)
Location : Lilongwe
Reports To : Project Director
- Serves as the performance leader for the EMR unit (Sub-Office) for all operational areas, ensuring operations staff are supported to attain/exceed their stated KPIs and ensures strict compliance with EGPAF policies and procedures. Ensures there is systematic communication and collaboration between the sub-office and Main Office and within the sub-office departments and is the operational point of contact for the sub-office.
Essential Job Responsibilities include:
Finance & Accounting
- Ensure that relevant, contextualized and comprehensive finance procedures are implemented, periodically revised and strictly adhered/complied with.
- Facilitate a sound internal control environment through adequate segregation of duties, appropriate approval thresholds, job rotations, approval of bank reconciliations, etc.
- Ensure that sub office financial reporting is complete, accurate and timely and that compliance issues related to the sub office financial reports are addressed.
- Supervise , coach and capacity build sub office finance staff, identifying skills gaps and addressing them through on job training, as well as recommending other appropriate external trainings
Procurement & Logistics
- Ensure that relevant, contextualized and comprehensive procurement procedures are implemented, periodically revised and strictly adhered/complied with
- Coordinate the sub office annual procurement planning cycle as well as manage a transparent and compliant pool local approved suppliers list
- Act as property manager for the sub office, assuming control of office inventory, and management of locally purchased supplies for sites.
- Conduct an annual, documented physical verification of office assets, and will ensure that site supplies are comprehensively tracked and documented up to delivery to sites.
- Ensure that all office assets are tagged and insured
- Provide high level fleet management advice including optimal scheduling, documented analytic reports on vehicle usage logs vis a vis satellite tracking information, fuel consumption reports and master calendar for all vehicles
- Supervise , coach and capacity build sub office procurement staff, identifying skills gaps and addressing them through on job training, as well as recommending other appropriate external trainings
- Develop, implement and monitor a clear sub-office access policy
- Develop tools for office supplies (kitchen, stationary, etc.) monitoring and management and capacity build office administrator on effective use of the same
- Oversee service contracts for office repairs and maintenance, utilities contracts as well as office lease, ensuring they are competitive and up to date
- Oversight over sub-office petty cash account
- Supervise , coach and capacity build sub office administration staff, identifying skills gaps and addressing them through on job training, as well as recommending other appropriate external trainings
- Ensure all IT policies and procedures are strictly adhered to, including the sub office files back up procedures
- Ensure a comprehensive, documented sub office disaster recovery plan
- Supervise, coach and capacity build sub office IT staff, identifying skills gaps and addressing them through on job training, as well as recommending other appropriate external trainings
- Act as sub office HR contact point, advising the HRM on sub office HR concerns and needs
- Provide support and guidance on completing performance appraisals, and supports HRM in ensuring timely completion of performance evaluations
- Spearhead local recruitments as necessary with the guidance of HR
- Ensure all HR Policies and Procedures at the sub office are strictly adhered e.g. working hours policy, leave documentation policy, et cetera.
Other duties as assigned
- Support audits and compliance reviews conducted at the sub office level
- Facilitate linkages and effective collaboration with sub office program staff through regular meetings and other communication forums
- Oversee sub office security needs in liaison with Director of Operations
- Provide ad hoc reports on need basis
- Other work related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Required Qualifications, Skills & Key competences:
- Degree in relevant field (Accounting, Administration)
- A wide understanding and experience working with USG funded projects;
- Minimum five years’ experience working in a core operations discipline
- Member of a recognized professional body
- Fluency in English and at least one local language.
- Willingness to travel regularly to field offices
- NGO and international donor/grantee compliance experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, customer service, consulting, coaching and organizational skills, with a track record of driving change and innovation.
- Strong problem solver with strong business skills and strategic acumen, organizational diagnostic skills, analytical skills, and excellent team-building skills.
- High energy and maturity with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities.
- Culturally astute, respectful and tolerant, able to promote and support diversity in the workplace, and able to gain the trust and respect of peers.