Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO)
Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a non-governmental organization that provides quality HIV prevention and treatment services to individuals, families and communities through static and outreach outlets in order to reduce HIV transmission and the impact of HIV and AIDS in Malawi.
MACRO is implementing the Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) Project with support from FHI 360.
Currently applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill vacant positions in EpiC Project tenable in Machinga and Zomba Districts
Outreach Worker (7 positions) – Zomba (2), Machinga (2), Ntaja (3)
Outreach Worker works hand in hand with Peer Educators reaching out to Key Population groups of Female Sex Workers, Clients of Female Sex Workers and Adolescent Girls conducting HIV & AIDS awareness campaigns among other duties as listed below.
- Trouble shoot field level outreach issues brought out by peer educators
- Field visit, awareness generation and field counselling
- Development of team work plan/micro-plans
- Organizing advocacy meetings and conducting group sessions
- Listing and meeting with local private practitioners of the target area
- Facilitating the process of capacity building of peer volunteers
- Responsible for weekly report writing, record keeping, MIS
- Maintaining the stocks (medicine, condoms, IEC materials)
- Recording feedback from the community
- MSCE or its equivalent
- Minimum of Certificate in Community Development, HIV and AIDS Management, Social Work or any other related qualification from a reputable institution.
- Previous experience in HIV/AIDS Programing will be added advantage.
- Must be in a reasonably good health and clear state of mind
- Be motivated, enthusiastic, sensitive and have a genuine desire to help others
- Must have no criminal record
Knowledge and Skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Be familiar with the language, culture and religious beliefs of the community of the districts concerned.
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three referees addressed to The Executive Director, MACRO, P.O. Box 797, Lilongwe by email to email@example.com or hand delivery to MACRO Offices closer to you.
Closing date for receiving applications is Thursday 21st November, 2019. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.